Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for VTF Programme Recruitment for Advocacy Officer.
The VTF Programme is a Christian-based NGO providing support services to enhance the delivery of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Ghana and skills development in general. We believe that TVET prepares the individual for life and gives them an orientation for good citizenship in as much as it creates avenues for employment and wealth creation. Employment plays an important role in enhancing livelihoods, improving quality of life and gradually reducing poverty. However, employment does not happen by chance it requires some persistent efforts to boost employment of the youth by progressively creating a bridge between training and industry for successful transition of graduates into the world of work. VTF Programme has evolved since 1992 as a Learning Organization implementing various projects and activities on all levels, macro, meso and micro to create opportunities for young people to better their lives through a well-structured TVET system that responds to the employment needs of the nation..
The Programme has ties with the Presbyterian Church of Ghana (PCG) and the Protestant Development Services (EED) now Bread for the World (BftW).
- Company: VTF Programme
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate global policies on TVET
- Coordinate the establishment of an advocacy team who will follow through the TVET policy development and implementation
- Lead the establishment of the regional networks of likeminded persons and institutions in the TVET sector
- Constitute a media coalition on exposed knowledge and status of the TVET sector to aid in accurate reportage and induce public understanding
- Coordinate the organisation of stakeholder consultations on the state of the TVET policy and implementation
- Develop programmes and activities to Influence decision makers
- Organize education and awareness creation programmes to promote increased knowledge and understanding of the TVET sector
- Support in the development of training and capacity building programmes for the youth
- Develop press releases, official statements and opinion pieces
- Support resource mobilization efforts, proposal writing and related engagements
- Write reports and document for periodic submission to stakeholders
- At least a good first degree in social sciences, communication studies, development studies or a related field
- A master’s degree will be an advantage
- Demonstrates understanding of the TVET landscape in Ghana
- Knowledgeable in policy development and analysis
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a development related field
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
- Good report writing and research skills.
How to Apply
Interested persons should apply with cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Postal Address: VTF Programme PMB CT 114, Cantonments
- Closing date: December 17, 2019
- Please be advised that only shortlisted persons would be contacted.