Are you in need of universities in Cyprus that accept WAEC results? we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll be showing you the list of Cyprus universities that accept WAEC, GCE, and WASSCE results.
The West African Examination Certificate Examination (WASSCE) is an examination that is administered by the West African Examination Council (WAEC). The examination is administered yearly. It is open to candidates from Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and The Gambia.
The WAEC examination is open to both private and school candidates. So, this leads us to the question of the day, “which universities in Cyprus accept WAEC result?”.
Most universities in Cyprus accepts WAEC results from West African students. However, you need to meet their minimum requirements before you’re offered admission to a Cyprus university.
Before applying to study in Cyprus, there are some requirements that must be fulfiled for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Requirements of Cyprus Universities
Depending on the level of your education, Cypriot universities have different requirements for all programmes. So, before applying, you need to carefully review these requirements.
Below are the required documents to apply for admission into a Cyprus University
- Proof of academic records (Secondary School Certificate and/or higher degrees)
- A copy of an international passport (scanned)
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency) if any
- Full Transcript for transfer students
- passport-sized photograph (one)
- Letters of recommendation
Universities in Cyprus that Accept WASSCE Results
Importantly, note that most of these universities will only accept this result when you provide your score of English Proficiency for admission.
That being said, below is the list of Cyprus universities that accept WASSCE, WAEC, GCE, NECO and SSCE results from international applicants.
- Eastern Meditteranean University
- University of Cyprus
- European University of Lefke
- Cyprus University of Technology
- Open University of Cyprus
- European University Cyprus
- Frederick University
- University of Nicosia
- Neapolis University
- Cyprus International University
- Near East University
- Girne American University
- University of Kyrenia
This list is not exclusive, as most universities accept international applicants from West Africa and would recognize the WAEC result.
However, most of these universities will need you to provide proof of English Language Proficiency Test Result. Fortunately, there are some universities that do not require IELTS or TOEFL as a requirement for admission.