In this article, we will show you the necessary steps to successfully gain admission into Cyprus Universities. Cyprus is fast becoming a study destination for international students due to the country’s low tuition fee and educational standard.
As an international student, the Cyprus student permit allows you to work while pursuing your education in Cyprus. Students can work up to 20 hours per week during term-time. However, it is illegal for students to work without an approved employment contract.
Importantly, these benefits are only open to international students who are admitted to a Cyprus University. This article will help you make a successful admission application into any Cyprus university of your choice.
How to Apply to Universities in Cyprus
Applying for admission at a university in Cyprus is the first step in fulfilling your dream of studying in this amazing country. Just like every other country, all universities in Cyprus require that an application must be completed by prospective students before they can be considered for admission into a university.
The process of applying to a Cyprus university is quite simple and straightforward. The outline below is a step-by-step process of applying for a university in Cyprus. All you need to do is to follow the instructions outlined below to apply at any Cyprus university of your choice.
Preparing to Apply to a Cyprus University
- The first step of applying to a University in Cyprus is to do a rigorous research about the degree and school of your choice, and ensure it fits your interest and career goals.
- Check if you match the entry requirements and admission requirements of the university. Your education history and grade point average (GPA) from your previous studies will determine if you are qualified for your chosen programme.
- Carefully note the tuition fees that are applicable to your course of choice.
- Explore scholarship opportunities to help cover your study expenses in Cyprus.
Documents Required to Apply to Cyprus University
Below are the required documents to apply for admission into a Cyprus University
- Proof of academic records (Secondary School Certificate and/or higher degrees)
- A copy of international passport (scanned)
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency) if any
- Full Transcript for transfer students
- passport-sized photograph (one)
Cyprus University Application Procedures
Admission applications are usually made directly to the university via email or post, with forms downloadable from the school’s official website. It is important to check the universities website for their specific admission requirements.
Also, ensure to make your application early enough as some programmes require you to attend an entrance exam or pre-entry interview. You will also need to pay for an admission application fee. The amount varies among universities.
During your application, you will need to present your documents like passport, birth certificate, academic certificates (high school and other degrees) alongside your application form. You will also need to show proof that you can support yourself financially and pay tuition fees up front
Once your application gets to the University, it will be assessed and you will get a notification. Normally, it takes 5 to 7 working days to process your admission, but sometimes it could take up to 14 days depending on the time of your application and the number of applicants.
Once your application has been accepted, the university will send your admission letter via email. However, before you are granted a Cyprus student visa, the embassy requires you show your commitment to study in Cyprus by paying your first-semester tuition fees directly into the university’s bank account. The details will be on your admission letter.
- List of Cheapest Universities in Cyprus.
- Cost of Studying in Cyprus for International Students.
- How to Apply for Cyprus Student Visa.
University Application Periods in Cyprus
The Cyprus universities academic calendar is divided into the Autumn Semester which runs from September to December and the Spring Semester which last from January to April.
International students can join either in the autumn (January) or the spring (September) semester to study regular or English language preparatory courses.
Please how can I apply to study in Cyprus university
How can apply for the university of Cyprus