How to Apply for Italian Student Visa From Ghana … This is a complete guide on how to apply for student visa to study in Italy for Ghana – application, guideline, and requirements.
Italy has a history of being the home of the oldest university in the world, the University of Bologna. The educational system in Italy has been improving and never stopped growing. Some universities in Italy offers student discounts, a reason why thousands of international students choose Italy as their preferred study destination.
As an International student from Ghana, you will need to apply for Italian student visa if you wish to school in any of Italy’s University.
- 1 How to Apply for Italian Student Visa From Ghana
- 2 D National Visa
- 3 Duration of Italian Student Visa (ISV)
- 4 Cost of Study Visa for Italy
- 5 How to Renew Student Visa in Italy
- 6 Required Documents for Italian Student Visa Application
- 7 How to Apply For Italian Student Visa From Ghana
- 8 Italy Student Visa Application Time
How to Apply for Italian Student Visa From Ghana
The following is a simplified process which would help you to successfully secure the travel document to Italy:
D National Visa
International students from Ghana will need the D National Visa to study in Italy. This visa category is specifically for international students who are enrolled in Italian University.
Duration of Italian Student Visa (ISV)
The student visa duration depends on the program you choose. The D National is valid for up to 3 months or more. The D National visa allows you to stay during your entire degree programme, you may need to renew your visa every year. If you want to stay in Italy after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a different visa or a visa renewal through the immigration office.
Cost of Study Visa for Italy
The cost of the Italian Student visa is 50.00 EUR. The price is always the same no matter the duration of your studies. You can pay the visa fee at the visa application centre in Ghana.
You will also have to pay a service fee of 16 EUR. After arriving in Italy you will need to apply for a residence permit and pay an extra 30 EUR.
How to Renew Student Visa in Italy
You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled in Italian University. However, you will need to show evidence of your eligibility and must apply from inside the Italian territory before your visa expires. If you want to stay back at the end of your study, you will need to apply for another type of visa.
Required Documents for Italian Student Visa Application
- Two copies of recently taken 35mm x 45mm coloured passport photographs against a white background.
- International passport (valid for 6months from date of submission) with three consecutive blank pages
- Academic results and transcripts.
- Admission letter from Italy University.
- Two copies of coloured photocopies of bio data pages of international passport.
- A copy of typed sheet of applicant’s bio data information arranged in the format below:
- Other names
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Personal phone number
- Personal email address
- Travel date
- To be Used Airline
- Flight route
- Coloured photocopies of previous and current visa (UK, US, CANADA, SCHENGEN)
- The following supporting documents (if applicable):
- Personal or sponsor’s bank statement for the past six months till date or printed 15 days to date of submission
- Letter of Employment/ Employment details
- Six months’ pay slips
- Marriage Certificate
- Any other additional documents
Importantly. you will need to prove that you can support yourself during your study is financial support. You will be required to prove that you have 900 EUR/month either from a sponsor or already in your bank account.
You will also have to prove sufficient knowledge of Italian unless the course is taught in English. Should the course be taught in English, basic knowledge of Italian is however highly recommended.
Ghanaian students won’t need to set up a Restricted Bank Account. This type of bank account restricts the amount of money you can withdraw every month, and only allows you to access it when you arrive in Italy.
How to Apply For Italian Student Visa From Ghana
- Apply for admission into Italy University. Proceed to the next step when you have been granted admission.
- Download Visa Application Form
- Visit the visa application centre in Ghana (Italian Embassy in Ghana) to submit your application and schedule a visa appointment.
- Have your biometirc collected and have your visa interview.
- Track your visa application status:
Italy Student Visa Application Time
Waiting times for appointments and for processing applications will vary depending on your nationality and the time of year. You should apply at least 3 months before your university degree programme starts. After you’ve applied, you can expect that you’ll wait about 7 to 15 days for the decision.