Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for University of Ghana Recruitment for Director of Logistics.
University of Ghana is the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948 for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
- Company: University of Ghana
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Direct the University’s overall materials flow operations, including:
- Purchasing, material planning and inventory management etc.
- Selection of vendors, rating of vendors, development of vendors and distribution of goods etc.
- Evaluate past performance data to forecast needs and scheduling orders.
- Facilitate procurement of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems.
- Develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Work effectively across the University to ensure successful flow of materials across all units of the University to meet the needs of the Institution.
- Coordinate the preparation of procurement plans for the various units into one procurement plan for the University in line with Public Procurement (Act 663) (Amended) Act 2016, (Act 914).
- Build a strong supplier-base for procurement in the categories of international competitive tendering, national competitive tendering, price quotation etc., and ensure that same shall be accessible to staff.
- Ensure the disposal of the University’s assets in compliance with the Public Procurement (Act 663) (Amended) Act 2016, (Act 914) and the University’s internal policy
- Ensure University’s stores are run effectively in line with standard principles and best practice.
- Working knowledge of the Public Procurement Act 2016 (Act 914)
- Must possess excellent relationship skills
- Resolute position on integrity and professional ethics
- Strong oral and written communications skills with a proven ability to convey information clearly and concisely;
The Director of Logistics will have overall responsibility for UG procurement, stores and related activities at various locations, which role requires coordination at the highest level to achieve value for money. The person for this role shall be a seasoned procurement or logistics professional with a wealth of experience in both private and public sector procurement. The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- A good bachelor’s degree in any field and a second degree, ideally in Supply chain and related discipline or any other discipline. An additional degree in Law would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge in project management, World Bank and Donor grant procurement process will be an added advantage.
- Hold a professional qualification in procurement and supply chain management from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply-UK, (MCIPS) or Logistics and Transport Management from the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CMILT) or its equivalent.
- Must be a member in good standing of a reputable professional association in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain or a cognate profession.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of proven professional experience in procurement management and administration in the public or private sector, of which at least five (5) years should be directly related to first-hand procurement and/or contracting experience in public sector environment at the senior level
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
- In addition to possessing the above qualifications, the successful candidate should be able to serve a minimum of two terms in order to consolidate the new directorate.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to submit Cv and Application letter.