Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of Ghana Computing Systems Recruitment 2023/2024.
University of Ghana’s Computing Systems Department provides the IT services that the University of Ghana requires to fulfill its mission to be a world-class center for research and teaching. As well as the core IT systems, tools, and services that keep the University running day-to-day, we provide innovative services and projects to support learning, teaching, and research. Our work is wide-ranging and diverse.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Security & Planning (Network and Security Engineer)
|Company||University of Ghana Computing Systems|
IT Security & Planning (Network and Security Engineer)
UNIT Information Technology Planning and Support REPORTS TO Deputy Chief Information Technology Officer (IT Planning, Security and Support)
• IT Planning and Security (ITPS) reports to the Deputy CITO, IT Planning, Security and Support, and is responsible for planning and implementation of IT Policies, Strategies, and security initiatives for the University of Ghana (UG) working with other colleagues in Networks and Systems teams.
• Working in partnership with members of the senior management team, architect appropriate technological, procedural, and educational/training security practices that result in an appropriate level of IT security on the University of Ghana campuses.
Key responsibilities include, among others, to:
• Coordinate the development and implementation of IT Policies, strategies, and security standards and their dissemination to the UG community.
• Enforce compliance with IT policies and standards.
• Provides leadership and coordinates changes in the configuration after approval, updates, upgrades, patches, etc. regarding infrastructure and applications and evaluates risks before implementation with application owners involved.
• Leads in vulnerability scanning and threat monitoring (internal & external) across the University community.
• Performs bi-annual audits and security assessments to ensure benchmarks and other standards are adhered to.
• Monitors and reviews log to identify trends on the network and proactively manage threats with other team leads to ensure stability.
• Leads in creating and maintaining an asset register and works with security management to indicate appropriate risks level for each asset.
• Leads in infrastructure hardening to prevent unused services from broadcasting.
• Assists in classifying information assets and tagging them in conformity with the approved standard.
• Leads the configuration and maintenance of regular Access Control Lists (ACLs) on UG’s edge router(s) and other relevant switches and maintains IPS/IDS, firewall rules, etc. for maximum internal and external network and application protection.
• Develop and promote an information security awareness culture within IT and the campus as a whole.
• Develop and manage an internal IT audit report.
• A good first degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or any other relevant areas.
• A master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Cybersecurity, and Big Data or related field.
• Relevant advanced professional level qualification or industry skill-based certification.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in various areas of Network and Systems configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support experience.
• Should be Cybersecurity Certified and should have at least a CCNA certification.
• Must have ITIL Foundation that is current
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the
The University of Ghana, through
[email protected] (Electronic copy only)
Hard-copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
1. Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
3. Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
4. Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
a. Professional competence and work output
b. Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
c. General Contribution to the Work of the University (or relevant organization)
d. Interpersonal skills
e. Any other relevant information
Applications should reach: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 30 June 2023