Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Tony Blair Institute for Global Change Recruitment for Governance Advisor – Delivery.
Tony Blair Institute for Global Change is a non-profit organisation set up by former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair with the ambition to help make globalisation work for the many, not the few. Helping countries, their people and their governments address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today. Bringing together the various organisations Tony Blair set up after leaving office – The Tony Blair Governance Initiative and the Tony Blair Faith Foundation – as well as his work on the Middle East Peace Process, establishing a new area of work: Renewing the Centre. Tony Blair’s intention was to expand the activity of these organisations, re-orientating the mission to reflect the overlap between extremism, governance, the Middle East and the policies needed to fight populism in the West
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Supporting PDU, Centre of Government and County Government delivery capacities to bridge implementation gaps and accelerate delivery:
- Working with the Country Head and Senior Advisor, support the Secretary of the PDU and his team to to institutionalise the delivery culture including through:
- Providing skills-gap analyses
- Delineating a long-term professional development strategy
- Establishing a working guideline and modality for the PDU
- Providing continuous capacity building support, through 1-1 coaching, on-job trainings (World Management Survey-WMS and Project Cycle Management) and process facilitations.
- Developing a better outcome-based performance management product for the government
- Developing a sustainable vision for the PDU as a centre of excellence at both regional and county levels
- Providing quality assurance and oversight on delivery programming
- Work with counterparts and project colleagues to plan, sequence and deliver the right interventions at the right time
- Ensure robust project management processes are in place, including reporting and documentation of activities.
- Support the PDU to assess progress against project delivery plans, highlighting key risks to delivery, proposing mitigation measures and escalating to decision-makers where appropriate.
- Support M&E processes with detailed analyses and working with counterparts to address findings
- Provide briefings and assessments of progress – whether thematically or on a project and programme basis – for a range of senior audiences
- Support the Country Head and Senior Advisor, to develop high quality reports and recommendations for decision-makers across government to take action upon.
- Be visible to counterparts and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people and generate commitment
- Develop strong collaborative networks and effective communication with main counterparts, and other relevant agencies and organisations
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within implementing agencies in order to facilitate issue resolution and unblock issues delaying implementation.
- Support the Kenya team to identify new partnership and project opportunities
Support the coordination of project oversight between the Centre of Government, implementing institutions and other stakeholders such as the private sector
- Support government-to-government and government-to-private sector coordination, engage stakeholders and synthesise inputs
- Develop thematic workstreams as directed and in response to requests from counterparts.
Other internal TBI responsibilities
- Contribute to wider TBI-K activities including strategic development, reporting, organisation wide coordination and engagement; and deputising as appropriate.
- Support the Country Head and Senior Advisor to participate and collaborate with other TBI projects, sharing knowledge and supporting thought leadership efforts.
- Provide overall support to the Country Head including in providing overall advice on economic transformation and delivery to GoK.
In all these areas of work, the Advisor will be expected to work closely with the members of the TBI global team to benefit from the network effect of TBI.
- The successful candidate will have the confidence, experience, and credibility to operate at a senior level in a government operating environment. S/he will also have excellent judgement and highly developed analytical skills that can be deployed in a range of contexts.
- A proven track record of delivery – whether policy, operational or functional – is essential, as is relevant experience of working in a project and programme environment. Familiarity with portfolio management approaches would be valuable.
- Policy and/or programme delivery experience in one of the areas of the President’s Big 4 Agenda (manufacturing, universal health care, food security and affordable housing) will be an advantage
- S/he will have the ability to deliver a challenging and complex agenda – particularly in supporting projects which need to turnaround; to deliver a step-change in performance; or handling agendas that are diffuse or ill-defined.
- S/he will also have the ability to work in the face of a range of competing views and priorities, possessing highly-developed communication and negotiation skills.
- High quality communication, drafting and presentational skills are key.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.