Every Ghanaian who wants to travel to the UK will often want to know the cost of UK visa fees in Ghana. Sometimes, you might ask how much is the UK visa in Ghana. In this article, we will give you a comprehensive breakdown of the UK visa application fees in Ghana 2020.
Importantly, the UK visa application fee depends solely on the kind of visa you want to acquire and Border Agency incharge of the UK visa in Ghana. The information about the UK visa fees in Ghana is to serve as a guide for Ghanaians who need a UK visa to study, work, migrate or to visit the UK.
As at the time of this publication, the information contained on this page is accurate. However, if there are any changes with regards to the UK visa application fees in Ghana, we will update as soon as possible.
- 1 UK Visa Application Fees in Ghana
- 2 UK Student Visa Fee in Ghana
- 3 UK Visa Application Fees in Ghana for Visitors
- 4 Cost of UK Visitor Visa in Ghana
- 5 Cost of UK Business Visa in Ghana
- 6 Cost of UK Work Visa in Ghana
- 7 UK Settlement Visa Fee in Ghana
- 8 UK Visa Processing Fees in Ghana
- 9 How to Pay for UK Visa Fees in Ghana
UK Visa Application Fees in Ghana
Before applying for the UK visa in Ghana, it is pertinent you know the cost of UK visa first. Not only that, but you also need to know the UK visa requirements for Ghanaians and other important information. To keep yourself apprised with this information, check our comprehensive guide on how to apply for a UK visa from Ghana.
UK Student Visa Fee in Ghana
The cost of the UK student visa fees in Ghana depends on the period of study.
Short-term study in UK
- A short-term study of up to 6 months – $130.
- A short-term study (up to 11 months) – $248
- If you want to take English Language on a short-term study – $ 275
A Ghanaian Parent Visiting their Child Studying in UK
- If your visit will take up to 12 months – $689
Special child visitors
- A short-term visit valid for 6 months (multiple or single entry) – $124
- A longer-term visit, valid for up to 2 years – $467
- For a longer-term visit, valid for 5 years – $849
- If it is a Longer-term valid for 10 years – $1066
Course F visitors
- Course F main applicant and dependants UK application fees – $764
- Points-based system (Tier 4)
- For student applicant/dependants who want to see student visa page for full definition) – $465
UK Study Visa Fees for Students on Scholarships
For those Ghanaians who want to acquire visa types like Chevening Scholarship or Fellowship, British Marshall Scholarship, Fulbright Scholarship, and Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Plan; the visa application is free of charge.
UK Visa Application Fees in Ghana for Visitors
What is the cost of UK visa fee in Ghana for visitors? Well, the UK visa fees for visitors depends on the type of visa. Different visa fees are applied to different visa types. Have in mind that the more lengthy your stay is, the more the fees you will pay.
Cost of UK Visitor Visa in Ghana
- A short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) – $124
- A Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) – $467
- For Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) – $849
- A Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) – $1066
Cost of UK Business Visa in Ghana
- If you want to acquire a UK visa as an academic visitor valid for 12 months and dependant – $275248
- If you want to acquire a clinical attachments/dental, observation/ PLAB/OSCE test – $124
- A Diplomatic courier- $124
- For Permitted Paid Engagement – $124
- If you are a prospective Entrepreneur- $124
- If you are a Ghanaian who want to acquire a visa for a marriage or civil partnership you pay $124
- Diplomatic or an official visitor – For a diplomatic passport holder or an official Invitation by UK Government, the visa application is free of charge.
- Course F (main applicant and dependants)- they have to pay $764
- Visitors in transit- Visitors in transit pay $85 for the UK visa in Ghana.
Cost of UK Work Visa in Ghana
If you looking for attractive job opportunities in the Uk, then you need to check the cost of the UK work visa in Ghana. If you are yet to find a job, see our guide on how to get a job in the UK from Ghana.
Points- Based System, tier 1
- Tier 1 investor – main applicant and dependants – $2168
- For an entrepreneur as the main applicant – $1364
- For an exceptional talent (part one with an endorsement by a competent body application) as a main applicant – $609
- An exceptional talent (part two with an entry clearance application) as the main applicant- $203
- An exceptional talent (where no approval letter is needed) as the main applicant – $900
- For an exceptional talent applicant as a dependants only – $812
- A general/ entrepreneur with dependants only – $1364
- An investor as a dependants only – $2168
- An entrepreneur CESC as a main applicant only – $1290
- For exceptional talent CESC (part two with an entry clearance application) as a main applicant only- $130
- A graduate Entrepreneur – $485
- A graduate entrepreneur CESC as a main applicant only – $411
- For a graduate Entrepreneur as a dependant – $537
- A post Study applicant as a dependant- $807
Points- Based System, Tier 2
- General/ ICT long term staff/sport & MoR who are sponsered for a period valid for 3 years (applicant & dependants) – $815
- General/ ICT long term staff/ sport & MoR who are sponsored for a period valid for less or 3 years (main applicant) CESC – $741
- ICT short term staff/ graduate trainee & skills transfer (applicant & dependants) – $644
- ICT short term staff/graduate trainee & skills transfer (main applicant) CESC – $570
- General shortage occupation who is sponsored for a period valid 3 years (applicant & dependants) – $620
- General shortage occupation who is sponsored for a period valid for 3 years (main applicant) CESC – $546
- General/ ICT long-term staff who is sponsored for a period of not less than 3 years as an applicant & dependants – $1630
- General/ICT long-term staff who is sponsored for period of not less than 3 years as a main applicant (CESC) – $1556
- General/ shortage occupation who is sponsored for a period valid 3 years plus as an applicant & dependants – $1240
- General/ shortage occupation who is sponsored for 3 years and above as an main applicant (CESC) – $1166
Points- Based System, Tier 5
- For an applicant who is a temporary worker (main applicant & dependants) – $326
- An applicant who is a temporary worker(CESC) as a main applicant only- $252
- An applicant who is a youth mobility scheme (main applicant only) – $326
Other Categories of UK Visa Fees for work in Ghana
- A fisherman who is operating inside the UK waters – $689
- An overseas worker who is a domestic worker in one of the private household – $689
- A UK ancestry – $689
- A representative of the overseas business & dependants – $815
- An offshore worker – $689
- A Sheep Shearer – $689
- A van der Elst, a Swiss posted worker, a Turkish businessperson & dependants visa application is Free of charge.
UK Visa Fees Exemption
For people who fall under this category, the UK visa application is free of charges.
- Ghanian workers who have undergone a diplomatic posting to the UK either as a main applicant or dependant.
- Ghanaian member of the International organizations who want to acquire a UK visa on and Official Visit/Official Transit.
- Members of armed forces and their families (non-settlement).
- HM Forces personnel or Member of foreign armed force – exempt from immigration control.
- Arms control personnel (Vienna document 1992)
UK Settlement Visa Fee in Ghana
If you want to migrate from Ghana to the UK and become a citizen, then these fees are applicable to you.
Family of Settled People
- A spouse/civil partner of a UK settled person – $2034
- A fiancé/ proposed by a civil partner of a UK settled person – $2034
- An Unmarried/same-sex partner of a UK settled person – $2034
- A child (any other dependant of Settled Person) – $2034
- A family life as a parent – $2034
- A parent/grandparent/other dependant relative of a settled person) – $4341
Settlement for current & former members of HM armed forces & their dependants.
- The former UK Armed Forces – $2034
- Pre 1997 Gurkhas that are outside the immigration rules- $2034
- Overage dependant children ( pre 1997 Gurkhas)- $2034
- HM Forces (dependants applying under part 4,5,7 or 8 of Appendix Armed Forces)- $2034
- For a returning resident – $689
Family Reunion for Asylum Seekers
- Family reunion (under Part 11 of the Immigration Rules), visa application fee is free of charge.
- A post flight (Non- Settled person) – $ 2034
- Family reunion (other dependent relatives) – $518
UK Visa Processing Fees in Ghana
The good thing about the UK visas as well as immigrations in Ghana, is that try to make efforts to finish up with the processing as early as they can. The processing only takes place during working days. This means that weekends and public holidays are excluded. Since you now know the price of a UK visa in Ghana, consider visa processing fees.
Most long-term visits (that are valid for more than 6 months), general visits (valid for less than 6 months), Business visits (valid for less than 6 months), family visits (valid for less than 6 months), other visits (for 6 months and below), and point based system visas (PBS Tier 4) processing is within 15 days.
How to Pay for UK Visa Fees in Ghana
The Guaranty Trust Bank is where to pay UK visa fees in Ghana. This bank has only 3 branches that you can for paying UK visa fees in Ghana, during your visa application. The branches are:
- Ridge, Head Office 25A, Castle Road, Ambassadorial Area Ridge, PMB CT416
- Cantonments. Accra. Labone 3rd Soula Street, adjacent to South African High Commission
- Osu Plot No. 577, Oxford Street, Osu R. E
Make sure you are given a receipt because it is one of the requirements when you visit the UK visa application Centre.
If you prefer to do your payments at the UK visa application Centre, then be ready to pay extra charges for processing.