University of Ghana, UG Legon Freshers Information; Fundamental Actions to Take After Checking Admission Lists/Status for the 2018/2019 academic year.
University of Ghana Freshers Information
Most newly admitted students who have found their names are actually confused on what step to take next. That is why we at GHStudents have decided to compile this post to aid newly admitted student on how to become a registered student at UG Legon.
Below is the procedures of fundamental steps to be followed by Freshmen after Confirming their Admission Status on UG Admission List.
Admitted students should follow the instructions below to print out provisional admission letters, select accommodation, pay requisite fees and undertake registration.
Full registration involves:
- Printing of provisional admission letter
- Online Selection of Hall of Residence/Residential Status
- Payment of Academic and Residential Fees
- Academic & Residential Registration
- Reporting at the Hall (Check below)
- Course/Examination Registration (To be done after orientation) (Check Below).
- UG Fresh International Students Important Information.
STEP 1: PRINTING OF PROVISIONAL ADMISSION LETTER
All admitted students are required to log in to the link on the University’s website with their admission Serial Number and Pin to download their Provisional Admission Letter.
STEP 2: SELECTION OF HALL OF RESIDENCE
- Students who have been admitted will be given online access to select their hall of residence and room.
- The list of halls available and charges for rooms are available on the University’s website.
- Students who do not pay their fees within 24 hours after selection will forfeit their selected rooms.
- Students wishing to be non-resident will also be required to indicate this online.
- Students are to print out their Residence Allocation letter.
STEP 3: PAYMENT OF FEES
All students (Main Campus/Accra City Campus/Distance Education/Korle-Bu) are to pay their Academic Fees and, where applicable, Residential Fees at any branch of Standard Chartered Bank or ECOBANK with cash only. Ensure that you quote correctly your Student ID Number on all the pay-in-slips (using a Fee Paying Voucher). Ensure that the information captured by the teller is accurate before leaving the banking hall.
Please note that online registration can only be done 48hours after payment has been made. Click to view the Schedule of Fees.
Students who have problems with the payment of fees may call telephone number 0209114001 or send an email to [email protected]edu.gh
STEP 4: ACADEMIC & RESIDENTIAL REGISTRATION
Undertake on-line Academic and Residential registration 48 hours after payment of fees, through the University website on any computer with an internet connection BEFORE YOU ARRIVE ON CAMPUS. Click here for the teps for the on-line registration.
NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNDERTAKE ACADEMIC REGISTRATION UNLESS YOU HAVE PAID IN FULL THE ACADEMIC FEES FOR THE YEAR AND RESIDENTIAL FEES FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER.
STUDENTS WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION MAY SEND AN EMAIL TO [email protected]
STEP 5: REPORTING AT HALL OF RESIDENCE
All fresh students are expected to report to Campus starting from Wednesday, September 16, 2015. Upon arrival, proceed to the Hall of Residence selected with your Proof of Academic Registration and Proof of Residential Registration (Resident students only) to complete the registration process.
STEP 6. REGISTRATION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS
Upon arrival on campus, all foreign students should report for registration at the Office of International Programmes, located in the International House, on the Annie Jiaggie Road, adjacent to the K. A. Busia Hall. More Information for International Students Can Be Found Here.
STEP 7. COURSE/EXAMINATION REGISTRATION
Students will be shown how to undertake course and examination registration during orientation.