In this article, we’ll take you through the comprehensive guide to SHS self-placement 2022. The BECE SHS self-placement is only for candidates who could not get placement by the Automatic Placement System (APS).
The Ghana Education Service (GES) has released the procedure for the purchase of e-voucher and self-placement procedures. However, we’ll further breakdown these steps into a more simple form.
What is Self Placement?
Self-placement is the manual process that allows candidates who do not get any of their choices an opportunity to select among the available schools with vacancies. With that understanding let’s explore the process of applying for SHS self-placement.
GES SHS Self-Placement Guidelines
1. Ensure that your compulsory Day option is within your catchment area where you can conveniently commute.
2. In the case of Technical Programmes, ensure that you consult the school register to verify that the schools you select offer your desired programmes.
3. Do not choose schools based on where your friends are going or what programmes they want to read.
4. Do not leave school choices to an internet cafe attendant in the case of self-placement.
5. Do not assume that you can choose a school as a Day Student and switch to Boarding upon admission.
Parents and guardians have been urged by Ghana’s Education Service (GES) to take a keen interest in their ward SHS self-placement, candidates similarly have been encouraged to go by the SHS self-placement guidelines.
Features of Self-Placement
1. Only schools with available vacancies are displayed on the portal.
2. Schools with vacancies will be displayed for candidates to choose based on their aggregate.
3. Schools shown have their location and residential options available.
4. A candidate can change schools as many times as possible depending on available spaces. The changes CEASE immediately a candidate enrol in a school.
SHS Self Placement Procedure 2022
This is simply a step by step guide to Senior High School (SHS) placement 2022.
First of all, you’ll need an internet-enabled device, either your phone or your PC. Once that is done, follow the steps below.
2. Select the Check placement module from the portal to continue the process of checking your school placement.
3. Provide your E-Voucher or the School placement card code or pin and your index number.
The placement portal will redirect you to another page. Wait patiently for the page to load. On the new page, the placement module will prove you with available schools.
4. Select a school based on your residential preference from the options available i.e Day or Boarding.
- If a candidate selects Boarding, all schools with boarding vacancies will be displayed.
- If a candidate selects Day, there will be a drop-down menu for the candidate to select:
- i. Day within catchment areas; OR
- ii. Day outside catchment areas,
- The “Day within catchment area” option displays only schools with Day vacancies within 16km of the JHS the candidate attended.
- Day outside catchment area displays all schools with day vacancies. Before the ‘Day outside catchment area’ option is effected, the candidate must confirm again if they intend t attend school outside their catchment area as a Day student.
Select your preferred program. Example General Arts, Science, Visual Arts, Home Economics, or Technical Program of your choice.
5. Confirm the options made by clicking confirm and Print out the placement form and proceed to the school enrolment.
Just in case you don’t have the scratch card, you can buy it from the CSSPS portal.