The Ghana Education Service is cautioning all heads of basic schools both public and private to take serious measures to avoid errors in the selection of schools for the 2020 School Placement. It is directing all heads of JHS to take note of the following.
The policy guidelines, which aim at ensuring the smooth placement of Selection of Senior High Schools for BECE candidates, follow a review of last year’s placement exercise undertaken by the Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service (GES).
Conditions for Selection of Schools for 2020 Placement
The Ministry of Education (MoE) in line with the Ghana Education Service (GES) has released new guidelines on how schools are to be selected.
Recommended: GES SHS School Selection Register.
As part of measures to ensure a smooth placement of qualified BECE candidates for 2020, the Ghana Education Service (GES) has put in place the following arrangements for the information of parents/guardians/teachers/candidates and the general public.
A. Grouping of Schools
All second cycle institutions have been regrouped into categories as follows:
1. Public Second Cycle Institutions: Four groups namely Categories A, B, C and D
2. Category E comprises all 2nd cycle schools that offer Technical/Vocational programmes
3. Privates Schools – Senior Hih Technical Vocational Institutions (Categories F & g) respectively.
B. Update Added
1. All Technical/Vocational Institutions have categorized into A, B and C, and added to SHS/SHTS.
2. Category E comprises al 2nd cycle that offers Technical/Vocational programmes
3. Appendix A contains Detailed Technical/Vocational Programmes
4. Appendix B contains Detailed Senior High Technical/Vocational Programmes.
NB: Private SHS and Private TVET schools are not beneficiaries of Free SHS.
Candidates who desire to pursue courses in private schools should make their own arrangements with the Private SHS and Private TVET.
NOTE; Regardless of the categories chosen, candidates must arrange their choices in order of preference