If you’re a first-time traveller or out of curiosity you want to know how to book a flight online in Ghana, you’re at the right place.
A lot of people are more convenient with the traditional offline ticket office because they do not truly trust the electronic booking system. This is simply because so many people do not know how the online booking system works.
On the other hand, others fear that something will go wrong, your finger will push a wrong button, and as a result, all the money from your card will suddenly be removed.
Buying air tickets online has many advantages over the traditional ways of searching and booking a flight. This is not scary but safe, if we use a proven system, of course. In this guide, we’ll share with you the ultimate guide on how to book a flight online in Ghana. You’ll also get to know how to get the best travel options.
- 1 How to Book a Flight Online in Ghana
- 2 Domestic Flights
- 3 International Flights
- 4 Flight Booking Procedure and Online Payment
- 5 How to Book a Flight Ticket for Someone Else
- 6 Where to Collect your Tickets
- 7 How to Book a Flight Ticket Online Without Paying
- 8 Useful Tips on How to Book a Flight Ticket Online
- 9 Conclusion
How to Book a Flight Online in Ghana
First of all, before you can book a flight online, you need some basic information about your destination and your departure and returning date. You will, of course, also need all of your personal details that will appear on your flight ticket.
Having said that, you’ll need the following information to successfully book a flight online in Ghana.
- Trip details – Dates (one way or return), an airline of choice, airports flying to, number of travellers
- Personal information – Full names (to be spelt exactly as it is in your ID or passport) & date of birth
- Government recognized ID (local flights) or international passport (international flights)
- Ideal departure times and length of flights
- Ideal cabin class (Economy / Premium Economy / Business / First Class / Suites)
Note the following:
You need to pay attention that passengers are most often entered depending on age. There are several categories: adults, children under 12 and infants under 2 years old.
Due to popularity, economy class tickets for one adult passenger is usually the default class unless specified otherwise. If you need a business class ticket, you need to put a “tick” in the appropriate box. There is a big bright button “buy” on many websites to purchase tickets. You should click on it, and you will be taken to the website of the reservation system.
In Ghana, to book a local flight you will only need to enter your ID number, and to board your flight you will need to produce your original ID card and booking reference number. Passengers under 16 years old will need written permission from their parents/guardians and their birth certificate.
If you are flying locally and are a registered licensed driver, you may use this original form of identification to board your flight. Please note that your driver’s license will have to be valid for the dates you intend to fly domestically.
When flying abroad, you will need to produce your international passport as well as any visa that the country you’re flying to may need. Please remember that visas need to be applied for long in advance, so make sure to set plenty of time aside for that.
Make sure to check the validity of your passport, as you won’t be able to leave the country with an invalid one. Many countries also require that your passport be valid for a period of at least 6 months from the date of return to Ghana.
Flight Booking Procedure and Online Payment
Let’s dive straight on how to book a flight online in Ghana. Most of the airlines have a detailed step by step procedure on how to book a flight on their website.
On the site, you’ll be asked to fill in the required information: name and surname (as given in passport/ID), number of tickets, bonus card number (if you have one), preferences for food and choice of seat (if it’s available), and payment card details. Let’s take a look at this one by one:
- You should enter the details to purchase an e-ticket. You will need personal information. So, you need to fill out the name, surname and date of birth. All information must match the data on your passport. Most reservation systems offer different insurance options for an additional fee. You can choose the right one, or you can opt-out of all the possibilities.
- An integral part of buying tickets online is filling the credit/debit card number. The card number is 16 digits, which can be found on the front side of your payment card.
- Then fill in the gap with VALID / THRU. Here you write the date of “validity” of the card, which is also on the front side under the card number.
- The field of the owner’s name is filled in the same way as it is written on the card.
- Next, you need to input the CVV/CVC number. These are the last three digits on the back of the card. Then you need to press “book.”
- After that, you will receive a message from the bank. You need to confirm the payment of the flight ticket. Now, you just have to wait for the ticket, which will come by email.
How to Book a Flight Ticket for Someone Else
To book a flight for someone else is pretty simple. As with booking flights for yourself, you will need all of their personal information, as well as a list of preferences such as airline choice, preferred time of flight, and things like how much money they would be willing to spend on their flight ticket. Of course, you will also need their consent to book their flights for them.
Once you’ve booked your flights and theirs, you will have the option of emailing them all of the flight details so that they can also have these details.
Where to Collect your Tickets
There are options to collect your flight tickets once you have purchased them. Nowadays, it is very popular to have your ticket sent to your email and print it from the comfort of your home or work office. Your e-Ticket will be sent to you, and some airlines even give you the option of printing out your boarding pass or sending it to your mobile device, making your check-in process a relatively simple one.
Other options to collect your flight tickets are more traditional. Many people prefer to just print out their flight information and to collect their physical tickets from the airport. Alternatively, you can also collect your tickets from one of the airline offices in your city.
How to Book a Flight Ticket Online Without Paying
The fact is, it is easy to make an air ticket reservation without payment. This can be done on the website of some airlines or special services that allow deferred payment of the reservation. Some airlines give you a whole week or even ten days for reservation. When you book tickets on airline sites, you should pay attention to the cancellation policy. The fact is that some airlines reserve the right to charge small fines if you refuse to pay the reservation on time.
There is a more convenient way of finding a ticket and booking it without payment. You can always contact the booking agency. This option is the most common because the agency can provide a deferred payment service. This even applies to those airlines that do not normally have that opportunity.
Useful Tips on How to Book a Flight Ticket Online
Booking a flight online is very easy when you have all the necessary information readily available.
1. Schedule a preliminary travel plan.
You should think about where and when you plan or would like to travel. Perhaps you want to book not only air tickets but also a whole tour. You need to make a list of your plans and keep it around when you book tickets.
2. Try to be flexible in your plans.
Although travel should be planned, you cannot foresee all possible surprises during the trip. Therefore, flexibility is the key to a good vacation. You should try to be flexible while looking for airline choice, choosing travel dates and other aspects.
- A lot of popular airlines have a day of the week when air tickets are cheaper. For example, it may be every Wednesdays.
- Sometimes you can find advantageous offers at the last minute, especially if they include a hotel reservation and/or car rental.
- When you order a ticket, you can immediately pay for the transportation of luggage and choose a seat in the cabin. It’s a good idea to do this in advance. This will allow you to minimize the time for registration at the airport.
3. Compare prices for flights.
The cost of air travel varies depending on many factors. For example, the price can change depending on the day of purchase of the ticket on the website. Try to compare prices from various airline websites and you will surely find the most profitable option.
- If it’s possible, you should book a ticket for about six weeks before the trip. Typically, air carriers offer the best flights and prices in this case.
- There are also websites for travellers that collect information about the best prices and flight schedules. These sites allow you to compare different options for prices and other factors automatically.
- It is also a good idea to compare prices on different sites. You will be surprised, but their offers can widely vary.
4. Make a list of tariffs and offers.
You should always keep an eye on special offers. You should also make a list of all the important details, including time and airports of departure and arrival, additional fees, and cancellation policies.
- Also, you should pay attention to some features. Check if taxes and baggage are included in the price.
- Read the return and exchange rules. If you do not know this in advance, you can lose a lot of money and time. This is in case of if the flight end up being cancelled or postponed.
Booking a flight online has reduced the bottleneck that accompanies traditional flight booking system. With online booking, you can now book and pay for your travels in the shortest possible time.