Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the West African Genetic Medicine Centre (WAGMC) Recruitment 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
- Evaluate electrical/mechanical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of materials.
- Confirm system’s and components’ capabilities by testing properties.
- Develop processes by designing and modifying equipment for buildings and plants.
- Prepare product reports by collecting maintenance information and trends.
- Keep a current database of all mechanical equipment and plant.
- Develop, design, and supervise the standard technical specifications and engineering drawings for new construction projects.
- Supervise electrical/mechanical components in the construction of new physical infrastructure.
- Conduct safety training with regards to refrigeration and Air-conditioning installations and also ensure compliance with all established rules and methods associated with electrical/mechanical and plumbing works.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive and corrective maintenance, calling, and setting up work orders for repair work.
- Provide technical and financial direction for new installation or upgrades by studying blueprints and equipment specifications.
- Document all changes in the design of electrical/mechanical and plumbing installations at WAGMC
- Assist in project management to completion by guiding technicians and contractors.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related assignments as required by the Director of WAGMC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- Master’s degree or post-graduate degree in the Built Environment will be desirable
- 10-years working experience as a Professional Engineer with Certification and Membership of the Ghana Institution of Engineers or its equivalent and in good standing
- Ability to design using appropriate Computer-Aided software
- Experience and be a proficient user of Excel
- Leadership skills and be a team player with a flexible and open attitude
- Creativity and originality in Project Management
- Knowledge about Procurement Processes
- Ability to support a team with good collaboration skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Good report-writing skills
How to Apply for WAGMC Recruitment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 24th September 2021.