Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for West Africa AIDS Foundation (WAAF) Recruitment 2020.
West Africa AIDS Foundation (WAAF) is an NGO in Ghana focusing on HIV and AIDS, TB, and other health problems. WAAF also has a clinic in Haatso, Accra. It was established in August 1999. The International Health Care Centre (IHCC) is the health service delivery point of WAAF where requisite medical professionals attend to the health needs of vulnerable members of society. WAAF and IHCC’s goal is to help fight the spread of HIV and AIDS, Tuberculosis and other diseases; and to mitigate their effects on communities by providing care and support services to promote healthier individuals for a better future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
- Responsible for the overall financial management of projects
- Provide support to partners in the preparation of financial plans and budget.
- Ensuring a robust monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reporting for donor-funded projects
- Review of work plans, financial returns and expenditure of relevant parties / implementing partners
- Coordinate transfer of funds to relevant parties / implementing partners
- Undertake quarterly expenditure verification of funds transferred to partners to ensure terms are adhered to
- Ensure all statutory payments are done on time
- Support and conduct financial management capacity building of implementing partners and regional finance teams.
- Liaising with auditors
- Perform other duties assigned by the Finance Manager
- Bachelor of Commerce /HND in Accounting or Finance
- ACCA or CA qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing the financial component of a project.
- Financial Team management experience
- Knowledge in any financial software is a plus
How to Apply