Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified students from Developing Commonwealth Countries for the University of Stirling Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021/2022.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and UK universities designed to support students from developing Commonwealth countries to undertake postgraduate study.
To apply for these scholarships, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Fields of Study: Eligible programmes include:
- MSc Environmental Management (Conservation)
- MSc Financial Technology (Fintech)
- MSc International Conflict and Cooperation
- MSc Sustainable Aquaculture
Value of Award: The University supports the student’s stipend (maintenance) allowance at the rate set by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. The Commission funds the cost of tuition fees, airfare and other allowances such as study-related travel.
Number of Awards: 5
- Applicants need to first apply to the University of Stirling for one of the eligible courses. In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an offer of a place at Stirling. We would recommend applying to Stirling well in advance of any deadlines for this scholarship.
- Applicants must then submit a separate application using the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
For more information, visit the University of Stirling Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 9 April 2021 at 4.00pm