The University of Ghana (UG) Legon mature access course admission form for the 2023/2024 academic year has been released.
Registration for the University of Ghana mature access course for the 2023/2024 academic year takes place from Monday, February 6 to Friday, March 24, 2023. Successful applicants will be admitted into the Level 100 (Bachelor of Arts) or Diploma Distance Education Programmes based on their performance in the entrance examinations.
Bachelor of Arts Subject Combinations
- Political Science, Sociology and Information Studies
- Psychology, Sociology and Information Studies
- Adult Education and Human Resource Studies, Psychology, Information Studies
- Accounting, Psychology, Adult Education and Human Resource Studies (for applicants who do very well in Mathematics in the entrance examination)
- Public Administration, Sociology, Information Studies
- Human Resource Management, Psychology, Information Studie
Bachelor of Education with the following Specialism
- Bachelor of Education – Junior High School Specialism
- Bachelor of Education – Upper Grade Specialism
- Bachelor of Education – Early Grade Specialism
University of Ghana Mature Access Course Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old at the time of application and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old.
- Applicants must register for, attend and complete the University of Ghana Access Course and pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
- Applicants who pass the Entrance Examination must purchase an e-voucher from designated banks to access the UG online application form.
The Access Course will be run by the School of Continuing and Distance Education of the College of Education, University of Ghana; at all its Learning Centres across the country.
Please note that the Accra Learning Centre will run a weekday evening mature Access Course for candidates who are interested. The weekday evening mature Access Course will be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at the Accra Learning Centre. The weekday evening programme will start on Tuesday February 21, 2023 and will run concurrently with the weekend one.
Applicants should take note of the following:
- The fee for registration, the Access Course and Entrance Examination is GH¢500.00. Please note that the fee is non-refundable.
- Payment for these should be made into UG College of Education Learning Centre Account number 1441002010444 at any branch of ECOBANK Ghana Limited.
- Applicants should register at any of the University of Ghana Learning Centres after payment of fees.
- Only applicants who pass the entrance examination will be eligible to purchase the e-voucher to access the University’s on-line application form.
The Access Course begins on February 18 and ends on April 23, 2023.
The dates for the Access Course are:
- Saturday, February 18 – Sunday, February 19, 2023
- Saturday, February 25 – Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Saturday, March 4 – Sunday, March 5, 2023
- Saturday, March 11 – Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Saturday, March 18 – Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Saturday, March 25 – Sunday, March 26, 2023
- Saturday, April 1 – Sunday, April 2, 2023
- Saturday, April 15 – Sunday, April 16, 2023
- Saturday, April 22 – Sunday, April 23, 2023
For further information, visit the University’s website: www.ug.edu.gh or contact us on any of the following numbers or email addresses:
College Academic Office: 0503899803, 0552996775, 0264410136
Email: [email protected]
Department of Distance Education: 0303938855, 0302956122, Email: [email protected]
Please note that this is the official University of Ghana Mature Access Course. All other advertised courses have not been sanctioned by the University. Only candidates who participate in the official University of Ghana Mature Access Course will be eligible to take the entrance examination.
All applications must be submitted by the deadline of Friday, March 24, 2023.
pls I have applied for the Human resource Distance and I want to know my status. thank you.