Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Lancaster University Ghana Recruitment for Quality Assurance, Risk & Internal Audit Manager.
- Company: Lancaster University Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Lancaster University Ghana is a partnership between Transnational Academic Group and Lancaster University, UK. Our campus is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK.
We provide excellent and inspiring teaching and places great emphasis on a strong student experience, employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field. Lancaster University Ghana offers the exact same degree to the degrees offered at our Lancaster University main campus in the UK. This means that you will be awarded the same qualifications – as if you were studying at the main campus.
Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations. Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff.
Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
We are seeking to appoint dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals with passion to fill the following position: Quality Assurance, Risk and Internal Audit Manager
Responsible for the operational management of quality assurance and standards enhancement, risk and internal audit activities across the institution.
- Leading and managing the Quality Assurance, Risk and Internal Audit standards of the institution to ensure that core elements of quality assurance are delivered effectively;
- Ensure that policies and procedures for quality assurance are effective and promote, maintain quality, excellence and enhancement of standards across the university;
- Reviewing and updating academic quality management framework to enhance academic standards of the institution and the quality of the student experience;
- Facilitating training workshops to advise and provide guidance to all staff on quality assurance processes, procedures and standards expected of all departments;
- Monitoring changes to the regulatory framework for quality assurance, and trends and general developments in the Higher Education sector, advise management and recommend actions to be taken;
- Responsible for the development, auditing, testing and implementation of business continuity plans;
- Implement a culture of risk management supported by policies and guidance;
- Develop action plans which show how these policies and plans will be implemented and undertake regular audits to demonstrate that they are effective;
- Conduct a risk assessment of departments or functional areas of the institution within the required timelines;
- Reviewing accounts and financial control systems and gauging levels of financial risks within the institution and make appropriate recommendations;
- Conducting a periodic departmental audit to ensures compliance with policies and procedures;
- Reviewing and checking that financial reports and institutional records are accurate and reliable;
- Identify if and where processes are not working as they should and advise or recommend on appropriate changes to be made;
- Ensuring that procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with;
Required Skills or Experience
You should have:
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of quality assurance management processes and procedures;
- Good understanding of risk management and mitigation strategies;
- Excellent financial management and audit experience;
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data;
- Excellent working knowledge of systems audit;
- Good project management skills and ability to pay attention towards the qualitative and quantitative aspects;
- Good understanding of higher education institution needs and how to respond to them;
- Minimum of six(6) years’ working experience in similar/related roles;
The following qualifications and competencies are essential:
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Quality Assurance Management, Risk Management, Management Science, Finance & Accounting or in a related discipline.
- Professional Certification in any of the above disciplines will be an advantage
- Ability to plan and organise own work, and work to deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and use of the Internet.
How to Apply
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Support to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position being applied for in the subject line.
- Applicants are to submit curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
- Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
- Closing date: 5th December 2019.