Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Cape Coast Technical University Recruitment for Director of Finance.
Cape Coast Technical University was established in 1984 as a second cycle institution. In 1986, it operated under the administration of Ghana Education Service to offer intermediate courses leading to the award of non-tertiary certificates. In 1992, the University was upgraded to tertiary level by PNDCL 321 to run programmes for the award of the Higher National Diplomas. The new Polytechnic Act of 2007, Act 745 has given the University the mandate to run degree programs.
- Company: Cape Coast Technical University
- Location: Ghana
- State: CapeCoast
- Job type: Full-Time
The Director of Finance shall be:
• The Chief Accounting Officer of the University and the Chief Financial Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor.
• Responsible for the implementation of policies relating to accounting and financial controls in the University.
• Responsible for corporate planning with respect to budgeting and budgetary controls and long term strategic planning with regard to all the finances of the University.
• The liaison officer between the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in respect of financial matters affecting the University.
• Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of final accounts and commenting on management reports for external auditors.
• Responsible for the preparation of the annual operating budget of the University and shall present same through the Vice-Chancellor to Council for approval.
• Required to submit quarterly reports to the Governing Council on the status of plans and projections necessary for the preparation of budgets for succeeding years.
• Responsible for ensuring, on behalf of Council, that proper records are kept of all University property, assets, stocks and valuables in a register.
• Responsible for and receive moneys due the University and make authorized payments on behalf of the University.
• Required to ensure that every facility of the University is made accessible to both internal and external auditors in the performance of their functions.
• Responsible for Treasury Management of the University.
• Required to exercise oversight responsibility for the accounting functions of other self-accounting and income-generating units of the University.
• Required to advise on or raise funds and other resources for the University.
• Required to perform any other official functions assigned by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
Terms of Appointment:
• The Director of Finance shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed upon application for another term only or part thereof if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
• Be a Chartered Accountant and hold a research Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Have at least twelve (12) years post-professional accountancy/auditing working experience in a tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service or corporate organization.
• Have served at least a Deputy Internal Auditor in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least four (4) years.
• Be of good character and demonstrate personal integrity.
• Be a servant leader and be able to plan, organize, implement, and administratively manage all activities related to the Internal Audit Directorate.
• Be able to provide sound advice to the Vice-Chancellor and the Governing Council on compliance with laid-down internal control systems and any statutory requirements.
• Have extensive knowledge of University’s financial policies, procedures, controls and processes and best auditing and finance practices.
• Have experience with a University’s accounting, finance and auditing software and records management in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission and objectives. ? Be able to exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in the oversight of University’s accounting records and financial transactions.
• Possess excellent relational, communications and administrative skills in the supervision of staff in the Internal Audit Directorate.
• Be able to align the objectives of the Internal Audit Directorate with the mission and vision of the University and develop implementation strategy to achieve same.
• Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and commitment to outstanding University internal or external audit management.
• Have extensive experience in compliance with finance, accounting and audit regulations preferably in a University environment.
• Be able to effectively communicate with staff and external agencies.
• Be able to work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements in the Directorate.
• Be able to provide clear, practical and accurate advice to staff at all levels in the Internal Audit Directorate on financial and auditing procedures and requirements.
• Be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Advise on the procurement of consultancy services relating to the procurement of technical advice on construction in compliance with the relevant national laws and regulations.
• Be responsible for designing and drawing of buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University and the management and maintenance of them.
• Advise the Vice Chancellor and the University Council on matters of use land and development.
• Provide architectural and engineering designs and bills of quantities for all University construction projects.
• Must possess a minimum of research Master’s degree in Built Environment or relevant area of study PLUS relevant Professional
• Must be of a good character and demonstrate of personal integrity.
• Must have at least ten (10) years post-qualification experience in Senior Management position in infrastructural project management activities in tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service institution.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees. • Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation. • Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable) and copied to the email addresses below not later than February 27, 2019
The Chairman Search Committee for Director of Internal Audit c/o Office of the Registrar Cape Coast Technical University P. O. Box DL50 Cape Coast.
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 27 February, 2019