Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for University of Education, Winneba Recruitment for Principal, College of Technology Education. The application deadline is 22 March, 2019
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) is a University in Winneba, Central Region of Ghana. Its main aim is to train teachers for the education system of Ghana. The University of Education, Winneba is charged with the responsibility of teacher education and producing professional educators to spearhead a new national vision of education aimed at redirecting Ghana’s efforts along the path of rapid economic and social development. The University of Education, Winneba is expected to play a leading role in Ghana’s drive to produce scholars whose knowledge would be fully responsive to the realities and exigencies of contemporary Ghana. It was established in September, 1992 as a University College under PNDC Law 322. On 14th May, 2004 the University of Education Act, Act 672 was enacted to upgrade the status of the University College of Education of Winneba to the status of a full University.
- Company: University of Education, Winneba
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
The University of Education, Winneba announces for the information of the Academic community and the General Public vacancy for Principal, College of Technology Education, Kumasi.
The Principal is the administrative and academic head of the College. S/he shall be responsible for providing leadership to the College and for maintaining and providing efficiency and good goverance of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by Act 672 and the statutes of the University of Education, Winneba.
Required & Experience
• Of professional status or equivalent grade in an analogous institution
• A doctorate Degree holder
• Able to, in addition to being a distinguished scholar, demonstrate the capacity to motivate and direct staff
• Visionary, business oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment
• Able to serve, at least, a full 4 years term of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age 60 years
• Moreover, the applicant must
• Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills and must be above reproach
• Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the capacity to manage and control crisis situations
• Demonstrate experience in having attracted grants and funds for research and development activities for the college
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter together with the following items: (10 copies of curriculum vitae (CV), including names and addresses of the 3 referees • 10 copies of a three-page statement of applicant’s vision for the college) Application should be forwarded under registered cover marked “Applications for Principal, College of Technology Education, Kumasi to the following addresses:
The Chairman Search Committee for Principal c/o The Registrar University of Education, Winneba Post Office Box 25Winneba,CR Ghana Or The Chairman Search Committee for Principal c/o The Office Manager Universities of Ghana Overseas Office Ghana University House 321 city Road London ECIV ILJ United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 22th March, 2019