Apply for the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme if you have the drive to lead change, and want to develop your skillsets to do so. And if you want to advocate for the SRH rights of young people in Ghana.
UNFPA Ghana Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has the mission to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
In line with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy which calls on all UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program. The YoLe Fellowship Program is also aligned to the priority areas of the 2010 Ghana National Youth Policy, which include skills training in ICT, gender mainstreaming, networking and partnership, mentoring and reproductive health and rights for young people.
UNFPA Ghana Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Do you have a passion to make a difference in your community?
- Are you aged between 18 – 26 years? Are you a graduate of a Ghanaian Tertiary Institution?
If yes, then the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites you to apply for the third edition of the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program!
Interested persons must:
- be a graduate of a Ghanaian tertiary institution between the ages of 18 and 26
- demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate. (see http://www.unfpa.org/about-us)
- commit one year to being a UNFPA Youth Leaders Fellow
- be proactive and possess strong inter-personal skills
- possess a working knowledge of English—an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
Selection Process: Selection will be based on demonstrated activism or interest in the advancement of the rights of youth, a desire to network with others, and a clear explanation of how the fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing human rights as defined by UNFPA’s mandate.
*The YoLe Fellows are expected to work full-time at the UNFPA Ghana Country Office in Accra, Ghana. Fellows may not be otherwise engaged during the fellowship.
Duration and Value of Award: The YoLe Fellowship is a yearlong program ((January 2021 – December 2021).
How to Apply for UNFPA Ghana Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program
Interested applicants should submit:
1. A statement, not more than one page, explaining their professional goals and ambitions
All application materials should be sent to [email protected] no later than 26th October, 2020. Please use the subject line: Youth Leaders Fellowship Programme.
· No late applications will be accepted.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and invited for further interviews/assessments.
For more information, visit the UNFPA Ghana Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program.
Application Deadline: 26th October 2020