Applications are open for students from developing countries for the University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021/2022 to study in the UK.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and UK universities, including the University of Edinburgh, to jointly support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
Applications from students planning to study the following eligible programmes will be considered:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc International Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Global Crime, Justice and Security
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK (on campus study only) by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021 and have applied for admission to one of the programmes detailed above – University of Edinburgh application process
- By August 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
Value of Award: The award is financed jointly by the University of Edinburgh and DfID. The award will cover: (i) All tuition fees; (ii) Air fare to and from the United Kingdom; (iii) Expenses for accommodation and maintenance. Payments for the academic year 2020-21 are set at £1,116 per month for the programme of study.
Duration of Programme: Awards will normally be for one year. Awards cannot be extended or renewed. At the end of the award, candidates are required to return promptly to their home country.
Application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme should be made through the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
More details including how to access the Electronic Application System (EAS) can be found on the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s website.
For more information, visit the University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 9th April 2021.