Having a marketing degree is considered a very good move especially if you are interested in working within business-related organisations. Marketing has always been in existence for a very long time even before the digital age came into the picture and now that there is an advancement in technology, there are new areas such as digital marketing which have evolved in the process.
What Does A Degree In Marketing Offer?
Most organisations are always looking for people who have an understanding of the human consumer culture. This is very important because the more you are able to answer questions like what consumers need, what price they are willing to pay, and how a product can appeal to consumers, the more you would be able to make profit. With a degree in marketing, you would be able to formulate strategies to answer such questions required by organisations.
What Skill Do I Need To Have As a Marketer?
People who work as marketers within various positions need a combination of skillset to excel i this career, it is important that you take time in having these skills to aid your career advancement. They include;
- Interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Creativity and imagination
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Organisational ability
- IT skills
- Business and commercial acumen
- Drive and ambition
- Digital advertising experience.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Continuous learning. Vertically and horizontally.
- Experience with contemporary digital tools, platforms, and channels.
- Basic spreadsheet skills.
- An ability to understand buyer needs and the sales process.
- Strong understanding of Inbound marketing
The Requirement to Study Marketing In Ghana
Becoming a marketer would mean that you have an art-related background or study marketing at the university. But you can also study marketing at the postgraduate level if you are thinking of making a career change or might want to specialize in marketing. Most universities offer graduate courses within 1-2 years with some giving part-time study options. There are also lots of online platforms which offer the most recent modules within the areas of digital and social media marketing.
What Kind Of Job Can I Get With A Degree in Marketing?
Some of the areas you can work in as a specialist in marketing include but are not limited to the places specified below :
- Agricultural Institutions
- Advertising agencies
- Manufacturing industries
- Fitness Industries
- Sport industries
- Hospitality Industries
- Non-governmental organisations
Universities In Ghana Where You Can Study Marketing
To work in ghana would require that you have a bachelors or masters degree in universities such as: