Kwame Nsiah-Apau who is popularly known as Okyeame Kwame is a famous Ghanaian musician, songwriter, creative director, entrepreneur and philanthropist. Okyeame Kwame was born on April 17 1976 in Kumasi, Ashanti Region of Ghana. He is one of the richest musicians in Ghana today.
He is currently 45 years old. Okyeame Kwame is highly gifted and talented. He is the third child in a family of six children. Okyeame Kwame started rapping at a very young age and continued rapping throughout his educational career. He later attended Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) where he studied music and specialized in classical guitar. In 2015, he enrolled for a master’s degree in Marketing Strategy at the University of Ghana Business School.
Okyeame Kwame’s net worth has been a subject of speculation over recent years as the rapper continues to soar to prominence while still influencing Ghanaian music. His musical journey is one that is characterized by hard work and dedication. Mr. Versatile as he is fondly called has a unique blend of indigenous and western influences and fashion style and is reported to have a huge net worth.
Okyeame Kwame Career
Okyeame started music at an early age but rose to fame when he was part of a rap duo called Akyeame. The other member of the group is called Daniel Kofi Amoateng, or by the stage name, Okyeame Kofi. The rap duo recorded four albums from 1997 to 2002 before officially parting ways in the year 2004.
Okyeame Kwame started his record label, One Mic Entertainment and also Firm Bridges Communication, co-founded with his wife and he is a partner in the shoe manufacturing company Horseman Shoes. He was the ambassador for MTN Group, GTBank and Coca-Cola in Ghana. Okyeame has also been appointed the public relations officer of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) in 2012 and the Ghana Music Right Owner (GHAMRO) in 2014.
Okyeame is currently Ghana’s Health Ambassador and he even founded the Okyeame Kwame Foundation which helps curb the spread of Hepatitis B.
The foundation offers free screening of people for the disease and while educating them on its dangers and prevention methods. It also helps raise awareness regarding Hepatitis B. Okyeame Kwame is also building a Hepatitis B Centre in Tamale where the disease is most prevalent in a bid to rid Ghana of the disease.
In 2017, Okyeame received a United States Presidential Volunteer Service Award for his outstanding humanitarian effort.
In early 2018, he was also unveiled as the ambassador for climate change for the Dedicated Grand Mechanism (DGM) campaign.
Okyeame Kwame is also a recipient of so many musical awards. Let’s look at the number of awards that he has received to date.
Okyeame Kwame Awards and Nominations
Here are some of the awards Okyeame Kwame has won in his career so far.
- Ghana Music Awards 1999 – artiste of the year, Hiplife Song of the year, Song of the year, Video of the year
- Ghana Music Awards 2003 – Best Hiplife song, Best Collaboration
- Ghana Music Awards 2004 – Best Collaboration of the year
- Ghana Music Awards (Italy) 2004 – Best Hiplife Song, Songwriter of the year, Best Collaboration
- Ghana Music Awards 2008 – best collaboration
- Ghana Music Awards 2009 – Best Collaboration of the year, Songwriter of the year, the album of the year, and most popular song of the year
- Ghana Music Awards 2010 – Best collaborations
- Ghana Movie Awards 2011 – Best Cameo.
- Channel O music video awards 2009 – Best West African Artiste,
- Channel O MVA – Most young and Talented Artiste, Best Hip-hop video
- Africa Music awards UK 2009 – Best West African Artiste, Best African Video, and Best Song
- Suncity Music Video awards 2009 – Best African Video
- Suncity Music Video awards 2011 – Best Video
Okyeame Kwame Net Worth 2023
Net Worth: $6 million.
According to Forbes, Okyeame Kwame is estimated to be worth about $6 million and this has placed him among the top richest musicians in Ghana. This does not come as a surprise considering that his music has attracted brands and non-governmental organizations.
He has also featured in the list of richest musicians in Africa alongside the likes of Akon from Senegal, Davido and Wizkid from Nigeria, Oliver Mutukudzi from Zimbabwe, Huh Masela or South Africa among other top musicians.