Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Northern Development Authority (NDA) Recruitment for Social Development Officer.
- Company: Northern Development Authority (NDA)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: SENIOR OFFICER, SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
• To provide operational support for effective and efficient performance of the functions of the Social Development Unit in the Region.
• Supports the development of social capital/protection and gender strategy for the region;.
• Supports the facilitation processes of developing social capital in the region;
• Participates in Identifying/conducting social impact analysis of programmes and projects;
• Supports the development/implementation of mechanisms for engagement of NGO’s/communities in the design/implementation of social protection and gender programmes;
• Provides data for the development/maintenance of a database of social protection, social capital and gender initiatives and outcomes in the region;
• Supports the facilitation process of the implementation of national/regional programmes;
• Provides data for the preparation progress reports.
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Sociology, Social Psychology, Social Development or any other related field;
• A minimum of one (1) year post-bachelor’s relevant work experience in a reputable institution
• Knowledge of social protection policies and Laws;
• Social policy action research development and analytical Skills;
• Multi-stakeholder coordination and engagement skills;
• Disability planning and Social accountability skills;;
• Knowledge of relevant ICT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
• Proposal development and report writing skills;
• Communication, presentation, and negotiation skills;
• Capacity to inspire, motivate, initiate and team player;
• High integrity with strong ethics.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice. • Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities; • Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below; • Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable); • Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related); • Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The Head, Human Resource, Northern Development Authority, P.O. Box TL 883, Lamashegu Industrial Area, Tamale Northern Region. Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks (Headoffice in Tamale, industrialORat our liaison office in Accra, Cantonments near the American Embassy). Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 30 October 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.