Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment for Loss Control Specialist. Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment application deadline is not stated. However, applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
About Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Lead development and maintenance of the site’s Integrated Management Systems(IMS) to ensure the continous improvement and where required the continued accreditation to ISO 14001, compliance to Newmont Standars, National and International commitments such as the Cyanide Code. This role also leads and provide expert resource in the identification and management of Operational Risk and Opportunity within Ahafo mining operations and functional management groups as well as leading in driving and maintaining the sustainment activities of the Ahafo Operations’ Management Operating Systems(MOS) and be the Go-to Person, ensuring Newmont Tools, Systems, Processes and enablers remain functional and are enhanced over time as requirements change. Remit includes supervision of site-wide document control
1.Management Operation Systems
- Lead in the coordination of Ahafo Operations Management Operating System sustainment activities to ensure that these activities aligned with site and regional business processes and priorities. These include:
- Coordinating the development of site-wide Objectives, Targets and Plan (OTPs)
- Coordinating , facilitating and maintaining the site wide Tactical Planning process, Mining and Processing strategic Tactical Planning process
- Coordinating and facilitating the site wide routine review meetings such as the weekly , monthly , quarterly and Annual reviews of OTPs and strategic objectives ROAD MAPS
2. Newmont Integrated Management System
- Lead the Newmont Integrated Management System Programmes at Ahafo , which included but not limited to
- Ensuring that the Ahafo Operation’s integrated Management systems is maintained to meet the requirements of Newmont Corporate, ISO 14001, and Legal and Voluntary commitments
- Ensuring departmental compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions
- Identifying competencies required by staff to use the Integrated Management Systems effectively and liaise with the Learning & Development Department on training needs.
- Being responsible for the development and deployment of schedules, site wide coordination and execution of 1st and 2nd line Assurance (LOA) audits Including supporting 3rd Line of Assurance audits where required.
- Facilitating and ensuring site Leadership team develops improvement actions for both 1st and 2ns Line Assurance (LOA) audits and monitor its implementation and close-out.
3. Operational Risk Management
- Lead and manage cross functional teams in the performance of team-based risk assessment and mitigation planning using Newmont Mining Corporations standard risk assessment guidelines and methodologies in all areas of business activity.
- Being primarily responsible for leading site operation and support teams in the creation and ongoing mitigation action plans in accordance with Newmont’s global standard and site risk and opportunity management process. These risk registers and risk mitigation action plans will be consolidated at a Site-wide level and monitored for currency and effeteness on an ongoing basis:
- Lead operational and support teams in undertaking high level risk reviews and detailed control analysis for significant risks, utilizing Newmont Mining Corporation’s designated risk management methodologies.
4. Staff Management
- Supervise allocated staff member(s) by:
- Performing performance appraisals
- Recommending further/relevant training courses and development actions in accordance with Newmont’s people development program.
Training & Experience
- Some domestic travel to other sites and Accra may be required.
- Additionally, mining operations are 24/7 operations and as such it is expected that some flexibility with working hours will be needed to fit in with site operations and to maximize the value of travel to and from sites.
- Occasional international travel may be required as deem right by Corporate, Region and Site
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should CLICK HERE to apply.