South Korea which is officially known as the Republic of Korea is an extraordinary country filled with beautiful beaches, ancient temples, remarkable natural scenery and most importantly friendly people. It has a population of 50,501,405 with its capital with Seoul as the capital.
However, if you are traveling to South Korea you will need a visa that is specific to the reason for your travel. In this article, we will show you how to apply for South Korea visa from Ghana, South Korea visa requirements for Ghana citizens, South Korea visa fee for Ghanaians, South Korea visa processing time in Ghana.
Depending on the purpose of your travel to South Korea, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside in South Korea permanently, you will have to apply for a different South Korean Visa, accordingly.
- 1 Types of South Korea Visa
- 2 General Requirements for a South Korea Visa
- 3 How to Apply for South Korea From Ghana
- 4 South Korea Visa Fees for Ghanaians
- 5 South Korea Visa Processing Time
Types of South Korea Visa
There are different categories of South Korea Visa; the multiple entries and single entry visas, and the short-term visa and the long-term visa. The multiple entry visas allow a person to travel to and out of South Korea using the same visa. The single entry visas allow a person only one entry with their visa.
Short Term Visa – A short-stay South Korea visa allows you to stay in South Korea– but not work – for up to 90 days in a 180-day period. Types of South Korea short stay visa includes business visa, transit visa, medical visa, tourist visa, family visit, conference, sports, and events.
Long Term Visa – The long-term visa allows you to stay in South Korea for a maximum of 180 days, but subject to change. Types of long-term visa include work visa, family reunion visa.
There are specific South Korea visas that apply to Ghanaians and they include:
1. South Korea Work Visa
The South Korea work visa is issued to person(s) who want to work in South Korea. The South Korean employers of these applicants will have to send proof of employment to the South Korean Embassy in Ghana.
2. South Korea Student Visa (D-2)
The South Korea student visa is a multiple-entry visa granted to applicants who want to study in South Korea. Applicants must be granted admission to a South Korean institution before applying for the student visa.
3. South Korea Tourist Visa
The South Korea tourist visa is issued to person(s) who want to visit family members, relatives and friends in South Korea from Ghana. The tourist visas are single-entry visa and are only valid for up to 3 months (90 days).
4. South Korea Business Visa
The South Korea business visa is issued to travellers visiting the country for brief business meetings, conferences or lectures. This single-entry visa is only valid for 90 days. Applicants for this visa will have to provide necessary documents to support their reason for traveling.
General Requirements for a South Korea Visa
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas (if any) – valid for at least 6 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A completed and duly signed visa application form.
- One recent photo; the photo should be in passport size format (not more than 3 months old) with applicants usual signature at the back.
- A detailed flight itinerary showing applicant’s full name, date of entry and exit.
- Proof of sufficient funds: Individual and company’s Bank account statement (for at least a period of 3 months and issued within 14 days)
- Proof of accommodation.
How to Apply for South Korea From Ghana
- Download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. Fill the form in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Pay the visa application fees.
- Take the visa application form and supporting documents listed above and the filled application form to the South Korean Embassy in Accra.
- Provide biometric information.
All applicants are expected to submit a document declaring that every information that they have provided is true and valid. This is to be submitted along with the application form.
South Korea Visa Fees for Ghanaians
|NATIONALITY||SINGLE ENTRY VISA STAYING
LESS THAN 90 DAYS
|SINGLE ENTRY VISA STAYING
MORE THAN 90 DAYS
|GHANA||$ 50||$ 80|
NOTE: The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice.
South Korea Visa Processing Time
The processing time for South Korea visa is 5 working days. However, you should send in your application early enough.