Jumia Ghana Job Vacancy for Fleet Manager – How to Apply
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Jumia Services is the Logistics Marketplace company of Jumia. The mission of Jumia Services is to create a connected and integrated network of service providers, which addresses in the best cost/quality ratio the needs of millions of sellers and customers of Jumia. Our vision is to simplify and expand the accessibility to e-commerce products and services in a convenient and trustworthy way to our customers with focus on technology, community management of logistics marketplace and managing operational quality.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Job Status: Full-Time
Main responsibilities :
- Lead dispatching, routing and tracking of delivery bikes, tricycles, cars, vans and trucks.
- Engage existing 3PL partners in relationship building and performance evaluation and seeking out partnerships with new 3PLs to offer better value for business.
- Actively ensure best negotiations are achieved in relations with 3PL partners, to achieve most competitive pricing of services delivered.
- Develop fleet administrative standards and ensure compliance with operating policies.
- Participate in the design and articulation of our delivery strategy, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with our operations strategy.
- Supervise fleey scheduling and planning activities to ensure timely availability of fleet.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of all fleet
- Praactively identify potential operational issues and opportunities in the fleet team; keep abreast of recent development in the logistics, transportation and parcel delivery knowledge areas.
- Oversee fleet operations and monitor overall fleet performance to achieve improved delivery success rate
- Obtain and maintain vehicle licensing, registrations and permits (for bikes, tricycles, cars, vans and trucks)
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staffs to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Obtain and maintain annual inspections by regulatory authorities or in line with contractual obligations from counter-parties and third party logistics companies we are in partnership with
- Maintain equipment records in accordance with policies or regulations; inventory state inspection and internal compliance standards
- Oversee proper maintenance of parts and other consumables’ inventory, while also negotiating and establishing repair cost or parts pricing with partnered commercial vendors.
- Recommend and implement technology related solutions around fleet management and delivery performance monitoring.
- Maintain a high level of tech savviness in and around logistics, and introducing new ways of achieving high delivery rates.
- Maintain seamlessness in the introduction of new technology solutions to fleet management and be responsible for training teams on same.
- Conduct team meetings and safety training to ensure that preventive measures are enforced
- Demonstrate strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Have a highly developed sense of urgency
Requirements & Qualifications :
- Proven experience of several years in warehousing and/or logistics
- Experience in operational management and/or e-commerce operations
- Experience of high growth companies or start-up environment.
- Balanced analytical skills, including experience using all MS packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proactive attitude and passion to be on the field and “get hands dirty”
- Ability to quickly build trust with and eargerness to cultivate a team
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Easily adapts to new situations and changes
- Balanced organizational skills and keen attention to details
- Effective communications skills, including presentations skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late evenings and/or weekends
We offer :
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.