Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Recruitment 2021.
TheInternational Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Ghana Project Office, operating under the IUCN West and Central Africa Regional Programme (PACO), is seeking the services of a Technical Assistant to provide support to the Ghana Project Office towards the implementation of the Mono-Volta Mangroves Forest Management Project and other IUCN initiatives in Ghana such as the Stabilising Land Use Project (PLUS), the Restoration in Cocoa Supply Chains Project (RESUPPLY), Shared Resources Joint Solutions Project (SRJS), and The Forest Landscape Restoration through a Sustainable Wood Energy Value Chain.
Job Title: Senior Financial Crime Specialist
|• Advanced university-level degree is preferred (e.g. Masters) in finance, law, economics, policing, political science, international relations, public administration or other related field, or a relevant advanced level profession qualification;
– A first-level university degree OR equivalent academic education, professional training with certification from a recognized international/national police, customs or other staff training institution, with specialization in criminal justice, crime prevention, criminal investigation, law enforcement, border management, border working techniques and/or other related areas, in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
– Significant experience in addressing financial crime (e.g. money laundering);
– Some experience of working in Africa is preferred, ideally West or Central Africa;
– Knowledge of environmental crime issues would be an advantage;
– Previous experience in delivering training / teaching in the field of international or transnational crime /anti-corruption/ AML and cooperation; and providing mentorship support to governments;
– A minimum of five years relevant experience working in a project management capacity, covering planning, budgeting, and financial reporting;
– Demonstrated experience of preparing donor/project reports;
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience of staff management;
– Fluency in written and spoken English and French;
– Must be able to travel extensively throughout the West Africa region, which may require frequent periods of up to ten days away from home.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.