Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Institute of Green Growth Solutions (IGGS) Recruitment 2020.
- Company: Institute of Green Growth Solutions (IGGS)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Internship
Job Title: Senior Environmental Associate
A private, non-governmental, non-partisan, independent policy think tank that promotes a sustainable approach to development through research, technical assistance, capacity building, and advocacy is looking for an operations manager. We provide informed evidence-based advice to government, private sector, and civil society groups in order to help integrate
sustainable developmental practices and reforms in the development agenda of Ghana and across Africa.
We engage with government, international partners, private companies, civil society, donor agencies and various stakeholders to help in the achievement of sustainable development
with a particular focus on the following; Natural resources and environmental management; Social and environmental risk management; Public policy; Social equity; Climate change;
Mining; Agriculture and food security; Energy; Sustainable business; and sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
- Prepare research and project concept notes and proposals
- Develop business proposals and presentations
- Write/contribute to periodic publications, policy briefs, and communique
- Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of consulting assignments and projects via written reports and oral presentations to management
- Ensure all review notes are addressed and reviewed with the CEO and/or senior managers
- Provide input to the project team during all phases of the project implementation
- Lead and/or contribute to the drafting of reports
- Lead and manage the research team, including analysts
- Liaising with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions
- Assist in engaging and maintaining a long-lasting and fruitful relationship with the organization’s clients and partners
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a research and/or analyst role in a policy think tank, consulting firm or research firm and at least a Master’s degree in environmental management,
climate change, sustainable resource management, public policy, sustainable development, international development, or a related field.
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Proven experience in managing a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven track record in successfully managing teams
- A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism
- Ability to deliver results and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical solutions
- Strategic planning and decision-making skills
- Creative thinking and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com on or before 24th January 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted