Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Palladium Group Recruitment 20223/2024.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
Job Title: Administrative and Grants Officer
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
The Administrative and Grants Officer will support PROPEL Health Ghana and is responsible for supporting the operations team with duties ranging from office administration/operations, logistics, travel, and procurement. In addition, the officer will also support the project with the management of grants over the life of the project. The position will report to the PROPEL West Africa Administrative and Contracts Manager under the general oversight responsibility of the Project Country Lead.
- Provide support in recruitment process, help track and maintain leave database and closing balances of leave to ensure they are current and accurate.
- Provide administrative support including translation, maintenance of diaries, scheduling and arranging meetings, travel arrangements, events/meeting organization etc., to ensure efficient operation of the country program
- Support management and maintenance of office and program database in SharePoint system to ensure critical documents and files are regularly saved electronically
- Assist with timesheet management of in-country staff to hold them accountable to signing timesheets by corporate deadlines and ensuring no suspense hours are booked
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned
- In consultation with the West Africa Administrative and Contracts Manager, assist the project team in the procurement of consultants, vendors, and contractors, including market surveys to identify supply source of items, evaluation of the quotations, negotiations with vendors/service providers; follow-up and liaise with vendors/service providers to ensure timely delivery of services and goods
- In consultation with the West Administrative and Contracts Manager, support the project team follows company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), project processes and donor regulations when hiring consultants, vendors, and contractors
- Work to liaise the project team and HQ Operations team to process contracts, agreements, grants, purchase orders and all other procurements and leases.
- Help keep track of deliverable due dates and contract expiry dates, and timely inform Technical Monitors and HQ team for contract extensions
- Help maintain and update separate folders for each of the procurements. Keep records of important information, documents and deliverables related to consultants, sub-contractors/grantees, and vendors for future audit purposes, such as selection, contracts and modifications, deliverables, invoices, and close outs
- Send reviewed and approved deliverables/invoices to the Finance Officer and Finance Manager to process payments
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Assist in coordination with technical staff to develop RFA and prepare documentation for grant evaluation and approvals
- Assist in advertising RFA, facilitate the analysis and evaluation of grant applications with the review team, and issue pre-approved grants that adheres to PROPEL Health Grants Manual
- Support the start-up and closeout of PROPEL Health Kenya grants over the life of the project
- Assist in ensuring appropriate documentation is completed and on file to guarantee grant file audit readiness
- Assist in grantee training as needed, including capacity building for potential grantee organizations, and knowledge transfer for internal project staff
- Remain knowledgeable of updates and revisions to the PROPEL Health’s Grants Manual
- Assist in monitoring payment of grant milestones to ensure compliance with workplan and milestones and monitor the projected expenditures against their actual expenses
- Assist in screening selected grantees/subawardees through Refinitiv WorldCheck, Sam.Gov, OFAC, and UN Sanctioned List
- Any other grants/subawards duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, statistics, or relevant field; at least 4 years relevant work experience, or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in administrative, operations, procurement, and office management with an international organization preferably a USAID-funded project
- Knowledge of USG procurement principles
- Sound financial and accounting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of grants management
- Previous experience in program operational areas – administrative/operations, procurement, and grants
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Fluent in English
Languages: Fluency in English is required. Other Desirable Skills: Experience working on USAID projects; ability to meet rigorous timelines, track results and effectively manage multi-stakeholder relationships, detail-oriented with strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills. Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently.Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities Offered with the position.
Company OverviewAbout Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status. Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2023