Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grader Operator
About This Role
- To operate grader to deliver daily maintenance of haul roads, digging and dumping floors in a safe and controlled manner.
In This Role, You Will
Grader Truck Pre-Shift and On-Shift Activities.
- Attend all pre-shift instruction meetings.
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Shift Supervisor and follow the specified instruction and working plan, prior to the execution of activities.
- Understand the grading plan and haulage roads that need to be graded and the designated location of operation.
- Conduct work assessments and risk assessments and install controls (i.e. signage and communications), prior to grading.
- Perform pre-start checks on the graders and log results onto the JIGSAW system.
- Assess the working area to be graded to ascertain the material needed.
- Follow laid-down grading procedures and instructions.
- Run grader machinery according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard task procedures (STPs).
- Observe reference sticks and hand signals and drive the grader methodically to level the road surface to the specified grade.
- Perform rough and/or fine grade finishing by methodically mixing and spreading materials to dry and prep haul roads.
- Construct road surfaces to precise grade specifications.
- Maintain drainage catchments on either side of the haul road.
- Assure that all haulage roads are motorable.
- Clear foreign rock on an ad hoc basis.
- Uphold Quality Assurance / Quality Checking standards.
- Signal Dispatcher on the two-way communication radio to inform of any detected machinery defects or issues.
- Report and escalate all accidents and incidents occurring during the shift immediately to the Dispatcher / Supervisor.
- Raise any mechanical malfunctions or service requirements to maintenance/dispatch/supervisor before, during, or after the shift.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning to assure the continued smooth operation of the grader.
- Meet and/or exceed established performance expectations set by management.
- Assist in developing peers to perform quality excavating duties.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
Grader Post-Shift Handover
- Conduct post-shift inspections regarding hazards and defects identified and communicate these to Dispatch / Supervisor and the incoming operators for the smooth running of Operations.
- Communicate and provide work status handovers to incoming Grader Operators.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
- Communicate with Dispatch via two-way radio.
- Communicate any machinery defects to dispatch.
- Maintain communications between Dozers, shovels, loaders, and Truck Operators.
- Ensure own grading shift work meets established statutory standards.
Health and Safety Management
- Follow all safety policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Operate the grader in a safe manner and take steps to prevent minimal wear and tear and/or damage to equipment.
- Work without risk or harm to others.
- Inspect work areas and ensure all areas comply with internal Newmont and external regulatory standards.
- Adhere strictly to internal Newmont grading standards and procedures.
- Maintain a strong focus on safety throughout all activities.
- Provide hands-on assistance during grading activities to fellow colleagues to ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Attend daily morning safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate.
- Mineral Commission Operators License.
- Drivers’ License.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, processes, and industry standards.
- Sound understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Sound understanding of issues involving ground disturbances.
- General understanding of grades.
- General knowledge of graders and other heavy equipment.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ grading experience in a construction/civil environment.
- Experience in working within an active open pit mine is preferable.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, and extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmets, goggles, highly visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs, and dust mask according to working conditions.
- The incumbent occasionally has to work overtime.
How to Apply
interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply