Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Golder Associates Recruitment 2022.
Golder Associates Inc., branded as just Golder, is a Canadian employee-owned, a global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy.
- Company: Golder Associates
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time.
Job Title: Tailings & Geotechnical Engineer
- Providing tailings services and technical advice on moderate complex tailings issues to clients (external & internal) on projects within the mining industry and liaising with Golder’s advanced testing laboratory.
- Providing geotechnical related services to the Mine Waste unit including geotechnical modelling, analyses and design, geotechnical investigations and liaising with external commercial laboratories.
- Using advanced techniques, modifications and extension of theories, practices to synthesise and analyse data for decision making / recommendations.
- Managing, analysing tailings and geotechnical reporting for projects which may include the design and inspection of mine waste storage facilities, the construction of tailings deposits, the operation and management of deposits, properties and behaviour of tailings, closure and deposits stability and seeping analysis and water storage dams and earthworks;
- Providing safety leadership in health & safety (HSSE incident reporting);
- Participating in training activities, mentoring, and transferring knowledge to junior geotechnical / tailings engineers.
- Planning, developing schedules, coordinating, and overseeing manpower on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines.
- Supervising, coordinating, and reviewing / evaluating activities carried out by junior engineers; and
- Preparing proposals and reports for clients and building business relationships with clients.
Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
- Relevant degree (BEng or BSc) in the Civil Engineering including 4 years plus experience post-graduation with developed specialist skills in tailings and geotechnical engineering.
- Honours degree (BEng or BSc) in the Geotechnical field preferred
- Professional registration at ECSA preferred
- Legislation related to engineering design supporting water use and waste management license applications.
- Financial knowledge (Understanding of Work in Progress, Accounts Receivables and DSOs).
- Proven skills/ experience to lead integrated project mine waste projects coupled with sound project management skills; and
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Projects
- Proficient in Slope stability, seepage analysis and FEM software, such as GeoStudio, Slide and Praxis. Proficiency in other engineering-related software will be considered beneficial.
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic and globally connected work environment.
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above-listed criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.