Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for International Potato Center Recruitment 2022.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control petty cash to ensure a proper reimbursement.
- Checks appropriateness of payment supporting documents; checks the availability of funds before effective payment.
- Ensures the full recording and completeness of transactions in USD and Local Currency.
- Accomplishes monthly cash position report and submit to the supervisor and HQ.
- Preparation of Monthly Bank reconciliation and General ledger accounts reconciliation.
- Facilitates annual internal audit requirements.
- Support with the administration the process accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure a correct accounting.
- Monitor the division files for contracts, grants and agreements to guarantee the respect agreements to the organization.
- Realize accounting and financial tasks to contribute with the production of finance and account reports.
- Support and help coordinate fleet Management, including vehicle log review and reconciliation with user signatures, fuel purchased, vehicle maintenance, mileage calculation/verification and donor vehicle and fuel use.
- Tags or Marks fixed assets upon receipts of the fixed assets purchased and before deploying the assets in a fixed asset register. Support yearly fixed asset inventory.
- Support in Office Management, IT and office security in liaison with the country Finance and Admin Officer and Risk safety and security Officer in HQ.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- 1 year of professional experience in accounting preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Proficiency in accounting skills.
- Advanced skills in utilizing Excel.
- Knowledge of local tax regulations and labor law.
- Accounting techniques and trends.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Accounting software packages.
- Strong communication and English writing skills.