Geolog International Job Vacancies Ghana 2018
Geolog is an independent and privately owned international oilfield services company with Headquarters in Dubai, Milan and Amsterdam, and operations in 35+ countries. The Company delivers field-based Realtime & near Realtime solutions for the improvement of Drilling time and Costs and reservoir evaluation, within the Exploration, Appraisal and Development of Drilling Projects.
We are seeking, young, highly motivated personnel, to train in geological and drilling monitoring of oil and gas wells. If you are able to cope with the challenging work environment of the oil industry, have excellent communication and computer skills, are technically adept and are willing to work on rotation, travelling anywhere in the world for periods of time.
Job Title: Junior Mud Logger
The primary duties, of a Mud Logger, consist of:
- Real time monitoring of drilling activity onsite, sample collection, preparation and description
- Contributing to maintain a safe working environment on the rig, by interpreting the data, and giving feedback to the Data Engineer; drilling team and client representative.
- Onsite technical support in case of equipment failure
- Having a proactive attitude towards health and safety on the job (using the tools onsite to predict potentially dangerous situations, such as kicks or the detection of gas)
- Assisting the well site geologist during ‘coring operations’
- A University degree in (Petroleum) Geology, Earth Science, Petroleum Geology or a related discipline
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- Willingness to work abroad and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to cope with the challenging work environment of the oil industry, and willing to work on rotations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Team Player
Full training is provided by the company.
For this position we will only consider Ghanaian nationals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.