Mexico is a popular vacation spot with breathtaking beaches, mountains, jungle, and ancient ruins. Mexico City is the capital of Mexico. It is a country in North America (sharing a border with the United States of America). Mexico is the most popular Spanish-speaking country in the world. So if you have been thinking about where to spend your next vacation, you could consider Mexico.
No matter your reason for travelling to Mexico, you will need a visa that is specific to the reason for your travel. In this article, we will show you how to apply for Mexico visa in Ghana, Mexico visa requirements for Ghana citizens, Mexico visa fee for Ghanaians, Mexico visa processing time in Ghana etc.
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Mexico, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside in Mexico permanently, you will have to apply for a different Mexico Visa, accordingly.
- 1 Types of Mexican Visa
- 2 Mexico Visa Requirements for Ghanaians
- 3 How to Apply for Mexico Visa in Ghana
- 4 Mexico Visa Exemption
- 5 Mexico Visa Fees for Ghanaian
- 6 Mexico Working Permits
- 7 Mexico Visa Processing Time in Ghana
Types of Mexican Visa
There are different categories of Mexico Visa; the multiple entries and single entry visas, and the short-term visa and the long-term visa. The multiple entry visas allow a person to travel to and out of Mexico using the same visa on multiple occasions. The single entry visas allow a person only one entry with their visa.
Mexico Work Visa (FM3 Visa)
The Mexico work visa is issued to person(s) who want to work in Mexico. The Mexico employers of these applicants will have to send proof of employment to the Mexican Embassy in Ghana. This visa is valid for an initial period of 5 years (renewable annually) and then can get another FM3, which is also renewable annually for a maximum of 5 years.
Mexico Student Visa
The Mexico student visa is a multiple-entry visa granted to applicants who want to study in Mexico. Applicants must be granted admission to a Mexican institution before applying for the student visa.
Mexico Tourist Visa
The Mexico tourist visa is issued to person(s) who want to visit family members, relatives and friends in Mexico from Ghana. The Mexico tourist visa is valid for six months for single entry. The tourist visa can be extended for double or multiple entries in particular circumstances. The Mexico tourist visa must be used within 90 days of issue.
Mexico Business Visa
Mexico Business visa is granted to applicants who wish to come to Mexico for business purposes. This single-entry visa is only valid for 180 days. Applicants for this visa will have to provide the necessary documents to support their reason for traveling.
Mexico Visa Requirements for Ghanaians
Ghanaian passport holders applying for a Mexico visa will need to submit the following documents.
- Passport and copies of your previous visas (if any) – valid for at least 6 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Mexico visa application form (Click Here to Download Form).
- One recent photo; the photo should be in passport size format (not more than 3 months old) with the following characteristics: front face, without glasses, and a white background.
- Proof of visa application fee payment as stated by the Mexico embassy in Ghana.
- Provide evidence of adequate economic solvency. This can be done by
presenting any of the following documents which will be subjected to verification:
- Documents accounting for an employment or pension allowance with a
monthly income equivalent to minimum $700.00 USD, free of taxes, during
the last 6 months, or
- Investment documents or bank accounts with a minimum monthly average
balance equivalent to $2,400.00 USD during the last 6 months, or
- Real estate property titles registered in the name of the applicant or
- Postal applications must be accompanied by a covering letter specifying the purpose of the trip and the dates of entry and departure. Applications should be made in a stamped, self-addressed envelope with recorded or registered delivery.
- For family members (spouse, children, or parents) to accompany you, you must prove their status.
- If necessary, you may need to take part in a consular interview.
How to Apply for Mexico Visa in Ghana
- Download the Mexico visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity.
- Pay the required visa fee as stipulated by the Mexican embassy.
- Book for Mexico visa appointment online. You can either do that at the embassy or online via https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx/citas.webportal/pages/public/login/login.jsf. On the online portal, you will be required to create an account a choose the most convenient time for your appointment at the Mexico embassy.
- A confirmation letter which will be requested on the day of your appointment will be sent to the email address you provided in your account credentials. The appointment can take as early as one week and as long as four weeks, depending on the appointment schedules of the embassy at that time. Please take note that, if you wish to reschedule for a more convenient date or time, or if you miss your appointment, you will need to request a new one following the same procedure
- On the day of your interview, go with all your supporting documents as applicable.
Mexico Visa Exemption
Mexico exempts the citizens of several countries (including all countries under European Union) and regions from obtaining a tourist visa to visit the country for a period varying from 30 days to 180 days. The following is the list of the visa-exempted countries and regions for Mexico:
|Brazil||Barbados||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|Belgium||British Virgin Islands||Belize|
|Costa Rica||Cayman Islands||Cook Islands|
|Dutch Antilles||Estonia||Falkland Isles|
|France||Faroe Isles||French Polynesia|
|Greece||Guam Isles||Hong Kong|
|Mariana Islands||Mahore||Marshall Islands|
|New Caledonia||Niue Islands||New Zealand|
|Peru||Puerto Rico||Reunion Isles|
|Romania||San Marino||South Korea|
|Slovenia||Suiza||Territory of Cocos (Keeling)|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Tokelau||Turks & Caicos|
|United States of America||Uruguay||United Kingdom of Great Britain Republic|
|U.S. Virgin Islands||Venezuela||Wallis and Futuna Islands|
Mexico Visa Fees for Ghanaian
Fees for Mexico visa varies depending on the purpose of travel for Ghanaians. The Mexico visa application fee is between US$17 – US$30.
Mexico Working Permits
Ghanaians who are applying for work permits have to make a request in Mexico by the prospective employer at any office of the National Migration Institute (Instituto Nacional de Migración – INM/INAMI) located along the country.
Once the authorization has been issued, the prospective employee must send a copy of such authorization to the embassy.
Mexico Visa Processing Time in Ghana
After your appointment and visa interview at the Mexico Embassy in Accra, you will need to wait for a period of time for your visa application to be processed. The visa application time depends on the kind of visa you applied for.
Often times, Mexico visa processing time takes about 1-4 weeks. However, this may change depending on technical issues that may arise in the course of processing your application. To avoid this, it is recommended you apply for your visa early enough before your travel time.