Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Americares Recruitment 2023/2024.
Americares is a global non-profit organization focused on health and development that responds to individuals affected by poverty, disaster, or crisis. The organization addresses poverty, disasters, or crises with medicine, medical supplies, and health programs.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Projects Manager
Health Projects Manager
Women’s Health to Wealth (WHW) is a well-established, highly respected local NGO in the Ashanti region of Ghana whose mission is to improve the health and wealth of women for the progress and development of the Ashanti region. They specialize in women’s and children’s health and expanding access to donated medical Gift-In-Kind (GIK) commodities. WHW programs focus on education, health, and financial empowerment across the program themes of “All girls in school,” “Healthy mothers and newborns,” and “Mmaa Aboso Kesee” (a community loan program to grow businesses).
About the position:
Partnering with Americares, Women’s Health to Wealth (WHW) will scale up its efforts to keep adolescent girls in school by preventing unintended pregnancies; implement maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) programs; expand access to medicine and strengthen supply chain systems in the Ashanti and Bono regions in Ghana. To reduce school drop-out rates in junior high schools, WHW will scale up girl clubs to reach 4,500 girls in 50 schools. The clubs will provide girls with adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) information to increase their knowledge, resources and self-efficacy, and the resources and support to complete basic schooling. For MNCH, WHW/Americares plan to reduce neonatal mortality by equipping providers with neonatal resuscitation equipment, knowledge, and skills in 50 health facilities. The project will strengthen essential newborn care (ENC) through clean birth kits and technical support. It will address screening gaps and commodity shortages for pregnant women in antenatal care (ANC) to help prevent adverse pregnancy outcomes. With point-of-care diagnostic supplies, iron/folic acid supplementation and technical support/training on ANC screening/counseling, pregnant women will receive essential routine screening and preventative care.WHW seeks a Health Projects Manager who will work closely with the WHW Executive Director, the Americares Africa and Middle East team, and the other WHW staff. They will serve in a 12-month term position and be responsible for all health components of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for health components of the project.
- Facilitate implementation of the workplan, manage timelines and activities to ensure that milestones are achieved in a timely manner
- Support the development of tools and delivery of trainings in the health component
- Establish and strengthen (where available) a favorable working relationship between WHW and leadership at the Regional Health Directorate, District Health Directorates and health facilities involved in the project
- Liaise between Women’s Health to Wealth and the District /Municipal Health to ensure that project requests, updates and all other relevant information are available
- Support health coordinator and regional/district health staff to plan and conduct health trainings and supervision visits and mentor WHW, regional/district staff, and health facility staff as needed during visits
- Lead, direct, appraise and supervise health staff involved in the project
- Ensure that internal and external reports on health activities are prepared and disseminated within deadlines
- Liaise with Americares HQ staff to coordinate health activities and health commodity procurement
- Clinical degree (medical doctor, midwife, nurse, or other relevant clinical degree) or master’s degree in medical science or other field relevant to implementing RMNCH programs
- A minimum of 5 years’ clinical practice experience including competency in key maternal and newborn clinical skills such as neonatal resuscitation and essential newborn care and/or A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the implementation of RMNCH and ASRH public health programs or projects with increasing management or leadership responsibilities
- Project cycle management experience and skills including assessment and planning, budget management, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and management of RMNCH and ASRH public health programs or projects
- Ability to manage, organize, develop plans, and generate data to make decisions
- Experience with report writing and presenting findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills; ability to develop partnerships across sectors and cultures.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, with a balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing donor reports.
- Proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Americares is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 10th September 2023