Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AirtelTigo Recruitment 2023/2024.
With a subscriber base of 10 million, AirtelTigo is a solid, dynamic, and innovative brand, providing a wide range of telecommunications services, including mobile voice, data mobile financial services, and business connectivity solutions. Launched in November 2017, from a merger between erstwhile Airtel and Tigo, AirtelTigo is the second-largest Mobile Network Operator in Ghana. With its core vision “A better life for our customers”, AirtelTigo transforms lives through sustainable corporate social investment initiatives.
Job Title: L1 Applications Support Engineer
• The successful candidate will join our team as a Support Engineer for L1 Applications in the IT Department.
• (S)He will report to the Applications Supervisor and will be responsible for providing fast and useful first-line technical assistance on all AirtelTigo applications and Service Desk tools.
• L1 Applications Support Engineer will work closely with other support engineers and other members of the IT team to ensure that our applications are running smoothly.
• You will be running Shift: 24X7 (Morning, Afternoon & Night shifts)
• Collect customer requests and data.
• Attend to customer phone calls.
• Respond to user emails and social media messages (WhatsApp)
• Primary responsibility for the management of all tickets in the IT help desk tool.
• Incident, service desk, and Problem notification to users
• Conduct basic troubleshooting using questionnaires to find out the level of support needed and create tickets for Level 2 support.
• Provide product information.
• Solve common problems such as username and password issues, menu navigation, verification of hardware and software, installation issues, and setup.
• Help resolve software and technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively.
• Gather the required information necessary to best handle customer software and technical inquiries.
• Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution.
• Resolving the issues through Phone, chat, and email communication channels.
• Meet SLAs like response and resolution times by partnering within all IT resolver groups in the IT department as well as L3 Support.
• Extensively researched and documented customer technical issues.
• Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate.
• Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status.
• Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability.
• Ensure L1 monitoring of all AirtelTigo applications and escalate where necessary.
• Document solutions for knowledgebase and bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the Support team.
• Extensive experience in the same or similar position.
• ITIL certification is an advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering (or related technical discipline)
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in L1 technical customer support with a strong customer interaction experience
• Good debugging skills
• Passion to be a part of a hardworking and winning team.
• Willing to work in a 24×7 environment and provide weekend coverage.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts.
• Strong active listening skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Application Deadline: 20 June 2023
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represent who we are, Simplicity, Transparency, and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.