Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Absa Bank Ghana Limited Recruitment 2022.
Absa Bank Ghana Limited also called “Absa Group Limited”, formerly known as Barclays Bank of Ghana Limited is a commercial bank in Ghana, licensed by the Bank of Ghana, the country’s central bank and national banking regulator.
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Accountability: Audit Delivery and Issue Assurance
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the methodology, by attending training sessions and using knowledge gained during audits, use this proactively in executing audit activities.
- Deliver assigned by the Audit Manager / Head of Audit work to a high quality and in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Assurance scorecard.
- Assist the Audit Manager with planning and execution of Design Effectiveness and Operating Effective Testing, uniformly applying the methodology and quality standards, focusing the work on key risks, with minimum supervision from the audit manager.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key audit contacts on each audit by attending continuous stakeholder meetings. In addition, engage closely with stakeholders during assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with businesses on the risks associated with their environment.
- Engage proactively with Internal Audit colleagues Absa Internal Audit (AIA) during assignments and request technical assistance where required. Technical assistance may be requested for the review of the risks and controls to be tested, audit working papers, and audit reports.
- Based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practices so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards.
- Support the Audit manager in the identification of risks to be tested by participating in planning sessions.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Absa and the various business areas and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls through identifying, assessing, and documenting risks and controls within these processes.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls and document all working papers in Synergy for review by the audit manager.
- Ensure all audit observations and planned actions are factually agreed with management as soon as they arise and increase the speed of report issuance. Provide suggestions to stakeholder management on how they can address the control issues identified.
- Document all working papers in line with methodology requirements. The working papers must be accurate, reflective of work performed, and support conclusions are drawn.
- Display professional skepticism, raise and discuss contentious observations with management and provide evidence to support all issues identified.
- On an ongoing basis throughout the audit, discuss and agree with the factual accuracy of audit observations with the Audit Manager and Head of Audit.
- Provide feedback to the Audit Manager and audit team with progress and observations raised during the audit by communicating honestly, frequently, and effectively. Build and maintain good working relationships with fellow auditors.
- Participate fully and be supportive in all audits by providing assistance to the team where required. Be quick to learn and seek opportunities to share this knowledge with colleagues
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across selected business units from interaction with management and provide feedback to the Audit Manager.
- Assist in the induction of new joiners, mentoring less experienced team members.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Head of Audit – which may include managing Issue Assurance and production of team Management Information.
- Perform Issue Assurance testing and documenting of the working papers in accordance with the requirements of the Methodology.
Accountability: Knowledge Management
- Improve technical knowledge through self-learning or training including mandatory Continuous Professional Education requirements.
- Share knowledge with AIA colleagues and peers in the business.
- Develop and enhance learning through seeking coaching, training, and continual feedback
- Coach new joiners and trainees on how to apply the methodology. In addition, to proactively share knowledge within the team, leading a session at a team meeting.
- Build knowledge of business and culture in business units for the Retail portfolio as assigned by the Audit Manager
- Knowledge of key regulations, including FIC, KYC, AML, and Sanctions, for business areas/locations within the remit
- Prepare audit observations and make sure that they are concise, factually accurate, and cover all of the significant issues. The observations must be insightful, address the root causes, and have agreed on actions that fully mitigate the risk.
- Assist the Audit Manager where required, in the drafting of the audit report in line with methodology requirements and as per the requirements of the Balanced Scorecard
Accountability: Relationship management
- Develop and maintain relationships with accountable management on each audit.
- Present effectively at stakeholder meetings and forums (eg: Risk and Governance forums) to share knowledge and information including methodology, standards, changes, and new developments with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce, and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply