Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Absa Bank Ghana Limited Recruitment 2023/2024.
Absa Bank Ghana Limited also called “Absa Group Limited”, formerly known as Barclays Bank of Ghana Limited is a commercial bank in Ghana, licensed by the Bank of Ghana, the country’s central bank and national banking regulator.
Job Title: Finance MI Analyst
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools, and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are a possibility.
The Finance MI Analyst will be part of the Data Analytics team with the following main accountabilities:
Develop an MI framework that will support the business with robust and reliable data to aid in management decision-making with the objective of maximizing profitability.
Assist in developing business insights that constructively challenge the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage
Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports which will cover all aspects of business and performance reporting.
Time split: 40%
- Applying analytics (descriptive, predictive, prescriptive) across functional reports
- Assist in developing business insights that constructively challenge the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage
- Support in promoting data as a strategic asset for identifying growth opportunities as well as experimenting and testing new ideas with the aim of building new customers and revenue streams.
- To monitor actual performance against target and to analyze variances.
- Assist in the investigation of any anomalies in financial performance
- To understand the key drivers of income & cost and develop and report financial and other performance measures required by local management & ARO Finance to monitor the profitability of major products and of individual functions.
- Providing input and assisting in the preparation and timely submission of Flash, Actual, MTP, STP, and RAF to the group.
- Produce periodic reports which will cover all the aspects of the product life cycle including acquisition, portfolio performance, product profitability, credit and collections performance, and operational-related reports
- Support in maintaining high-quality of analysis and evaluation
- Analysis of competitor data and economic trends to monitor performance and identify critical areas of focus.
- Proactively identify the MI needs of business partners and develop the necessary tools to meet these needs.
- Provision of MI on an ongoing basis as and when requested by the group and the local team.
- Assist in the review of business cases for all investment projects undertaken by your business and monitor benefits by gathering data on costs, benefits, and returns.
- Assist in the preparation of senior management presentations and decks
- Ensure the integrity of Management information and support in maintaining high data quality.
- Assist in ensuring correct mapping of product, segment, and functional P & L and balance sheet in BRAINS and all Finance systems
- Assist in group reporting, data, and system management (TMI, SAP, and others)
- Respond to routine and ad hoc information requests.
- Participate in any finance-related activity as and when requested by Finance.
- Ensure reports are completed within the specified requirements and the agreed SLAs and ensure the requestor understands any limitations
- Prioritization of regular and ad hoc reporting to satisfy external and internal customers
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports for submission to local management and business functions
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and reliability of financial and management reports for decision making
- Assist with the written and verbal articulation of Barclays Ghana’s performance
- Liaise with finance business partners to ensure the integrity of functional reports
- Assist in the preparation of any other value-adding reports and tasks
- Develop and maintain own knowledge, expertise, and professionalism.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the banking industry including micro and macro-economic factors and trends
- Meet personal training and development needs through relevant professional and commercial training and networking activities.
- Champion his/her own performance development.
Risk and Control
- Understand the appropriate Group and RoA Policies & Standards applicable to the role.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) thereby contributing to the adherence to the Group Risk and Control Framework.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce, and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 24th June 2023