Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for VIS Ghana Recruitment 2020. VIS Ghana Recruitment application deadline is 15th of May 2021.
VIS – International Volunteering for Development is a non-governmental organization that deals with development cooperation and international solidarity, also through the tools of distance support and support for Salesian missions in the world. VIS is also an educational agency that promotes and organizes awareness-raising, education, development training and world citizenship.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver, Logistician
The candidate is requested to work under the supervision of the Country Representative, showing excellent communication skills, total reliability, punctuality, and ability to learn detailed procedures and adhere to them.
- Drive VIS vehicle for the transportation of authorized personnel and the delivery/collection of mails, documents, cargo, purchases, and other items.
- Ensuring the vehicle is kept secure, clean, tidy and in good working conditions at all times.
- Ensuring the vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, breaks, tiers, etc.
- Ensuring vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers’ specifications.
- Preparing and submitting vehicle monitoring, report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at the end of each month.
- Assisting the Admin Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration are updated according to schedule.
- Logging official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Assisting the Country Representative in the office management with a particular focus on the respect of logistics and procurement procedures and documentation. Provide logistics reports and planning for the correct and efficient functioning of the office.
- Ensure adequate and regular contacts with National and Local Authorities regarding logistics and procurement procedures, verification, and information (e.g. customs rules, MOFA, rules for HR, vehicle rules, equipment rules, contracting rules for goods and services..)
- Carry out any other task on Country Representative request, compatible with professional capacities.
- At least 3 years of experience as a driver
- Good English, written and spoken
- Valid driving licence
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies and local road conditions, and defensive driving skills
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Completion of secondary education
- Previous experience working in the field of development with INGOs UN agencies or cooperation agencies
- Logistics and Procurement working experience
- Knowledge of Sanzule area
Duty Station: Accra with missions to Sanzule
Duration: 12 months with 3 months probation period
Salary: 2200 GHS monthly/gross
Contract start: May 2021
How to Apply
The applicant must submit:
- An updated CV in English
- Valid Phone Number
- Active e-mail address
- Copy of ID card
The deadline for the application submission is at 6 pm on 15th May 2021 (only applicants with essential requirements abovementioned will be contacted)
The application should be sent/delivered:
Via e-mail at [email protected], mentioning in the object VACANCY DRIVER
In closed envelope to VIS Office, Akosombo Road P.O. Box 776, Ashaiman