UPSA Law Admission Forms 2019/2020 is Out | The University of Professional Studies Accra (UPSA) law admission forms for the 2019/2020 has been released.
Latest Update: The University of Professional Studies Accra (UPSA) law admission application deadline has been extended to 19th April, 2019.
Applications are invited from qualified applicants by the management of the University of Professional Studies Accra (UPSA) for admission to the BACHELOR OF LAWS (LLB) Degree programme for the 2019/2020 Academic Year.
UPSA LAW (LLB) DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The University offers the LLB Degree programme in two cohorts:
- Four (4)-Year LLB Degree Programme for Non – First Degree Holders
- Three (3)-Year LLB Degree Programme for First Degree Holders
All prospective applicants are required to visit the University’s website:
www.upsa.edu.gh and carefully read the detailed admission requirements and other relevant information for prospective applicants before applying.
FOUR (4)-YEAR LLB DEGREE PROGRAMME FOR NON-FIRST DEGREE HOLDERS (FULL-TIME DAY) REGISTRAR
Qualifications acceptable for admissions to the Four (4)-Year LLB Degree Programme
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE).
- General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
- American High School Grade 12 with at least Final Grade Point of 3.0.
- WAEC General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Holders.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examinations (ABCE) Holders.
- Post-Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’/Diploma in Education Certificate.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) awarded by NABPTEX.
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level
Special Notice for WASSCE Applicants Awaiting their WASSCE Results
All applicants for the Four (4)-Year LLB Programme who will be writing their WASSCE
in May/June 2019, are also eligible to write the Entrance Examination. However, any such applicant who passes the Entrance Examination will not be invited for the interview unless he/she has successfully passed the 2019 WASSCE.
THREE (3)-YEAR LLB PROGRAMME FOR FIRST DEGREE HOLDERS (FULL-TIME EVENING)
Qualifications acceptable for admissions to the Three (3)-Year LLB Degree Programme
- A good bachelor’s degree from an institution recognised by NAB.
- Recognized Chartered Professional Qualications (i.e. ICSA, CIM, CIMA, ACCA,
ICAG and CIB)
In addition to this, applicant must have WASSCE (A1-C6), SSSCE (A-D), GCE O’Level
(grade1-6) in Mathematics, English and Science and any other 2 elective subjects.
Applicants are to note that lectures are held from Monday to Friday (Evenings) and
UPSA LAW ENTRANCE EXAMINATION AND SELECTION INTERVIEW
Applicants to both the Four (4)-Year LLB Degree programme and Three (3)-Year LLB
Degree programme must in addition to meeting the entry requirements, as specified
on the University’s website, pass an entrance examination and selection interview.
(I) Date of Entrance Examination and Selection Interview for 3-Year LLB Degree Applicants
- Entrance Examination: 27th April, 2019
- Selection Interview: 27th to 31st May, 2019
- Admission Notication: 7th June, 2019
- Deadline for Application and Submission:
12th April, 2019, 19th April, 2019
(ii) Date of Entrance Examination and Selection Interview for 4-Year LLB Applicants;
WASSCE holders and WASSCE Awaiting:
- Entrance Exams: 6th July, 2019
- Interview for WASSCE Holders: 29th to 31st July, 2019
- Notification of Admission: 9th August, 2019
- Interview for 2019 WASSCE Awaiting Applicants- Upon Release of 2019 WASSCE
- Results by WAEC
- Deadline for Application and Submission: 15th June, 2019
Note: All WASSCE applicants need not submit any supporting documents.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UPSA LAW ADMISSION
Completion of Online Application Form
All applications must be strictly completed on-line i.e.
(I) Log on to admissions.upsa.edu.gh to access the online application form.
(ii) Use the Online Serial Numbers (OSN) and the receipt number to start the application process.
Purchase of Online Serial Numbers (OSN)
Online Serial Numbers (OSN) for UPSA are available for purchase at the cost of GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and US$120.00 for International
Applicants at the following sales points:
(a) Any branch of Ecobank or Access Bank
(b) By MTN mobile money services
(c.) By Visa/Master Card/Tigo Cash/Airtel Money using
the link http://interpayafrica.com/custom/upsa
SUBMISSION OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Using A-4 manila envelope, all applicants except WASSCE applicants must submit the following documents by COURIER and NOT by hand delivery:
- A printed-out and endorsed applicant’s declaration slip
- Certified copies of all certificate(s)
- Original transcript(s) of academic records (applicable to First Degree, Professional, University Diploma & HND applicants only)
- Birth certificate
The manila envelope should be submitted by COURIER to the address below:
Director of Academic Affairs
University of Professional Studies
Room 7, Seidu Mustapha Wing
P. O. Box LG 149