UCC Distance Postgraduate Admission Forms 2023/2024 is Out | The University of Cape Coast (UCC) Distance Graduate Admission Forms for the 2023/2024 academic year has been released online.
LATEST UPDATE: As of the time of publication, the University of Cape Coast (UCC) mature access form for the 2023/2024 academic year is not yet out. This post is intended to serve as a guide to prospective applicants.
The School of Graduate Studies and the College of Distance Education of the University of Cape Coast, invite applications from qualified persons for admission into its Graduate Education, Arts & Social Sciences and Business Programmes by Distance Learning for the 2023/2024 Academic Year.
UPDATE: The Univesity of Cape Coast (UCC) distance postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic IS YET TO BE OUT.
UCC DISTANCE POSTGRADUATE ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
1.1 Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
1.2 Master of Education (M.Ed) Programmes
- M.Ed (Social Studies)
- M.Ed (Mathematics Education)
- M.Ed(Arts Education (English)
- M.Ed (Administration in Higher Education)
- M.Ed (Educational Psychology)
- M.Ed (Guidance and Counselling)
- M.Ed (Measurement and Evaluation)
- M.Ed (Special Education)
1.3 Master of Arts (MA) Programmes
- MA (Guidance and Counseling)
- MA (Administration in Higher Education)
- MA (Measurement and Evaluation)
Arts and Social Sciences Programmes
2.1 Master of Arts (MA) Programmes
- MA (Sociology of Peace and Security)
2.2 Master of Science (MSc.)
- MSc. Microfinance
- MSc. Economics
- MSc. Social Science Data Mgt. & Analysis
- MSc.Economics of Tech. & Development
3.1 Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA (Accounting)
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Human Resource Management)
- MBA (Marketing Management)
- MBA (General Management)
- MBA (Entrepreneurship & Small Enterprise Development)
3.2 Master of Science (MSc.)
- Msc.Procurement and Supply Chain Mgt.
- MSc. Project Management
- MSc. Public Policy and Management
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
- Academic programme 1.1- 1yr (2 Semesters) – by course work and project work.
- Academic programmes 1.2 (a-h) & 1.3 – 1yr (2 Semesters) – by course work only.
- Academic programmes 1.2(a-h), 2.1 and 2.2 – 1 ½years (3 Semesters), 2 semesters of course work and 1 semester of dissertation.
- Academic programme 3.1 – 2 years (4 Semesters), 3 semesters of course work and 1 semester of dissertation.
- Academic programme 3.3 – 1 ½years (3 Semesters), 2 semesters of course work and 1 semester of dissertation.
UCC POSTGRADUATE DISTANCE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have a first degree from a recognized University or equivalent Institution in the intended field of specialization or a related discipline.
Applicants must ensure that names on their application documents matches with names on their Academic Certificates.
- Academic programme 1.1 – Degree holder with adequate knowledge in any field of study (ie. Science, Mathematics, etc) but do not have any educational background and are currently serving as pupil teachers (unprofessional teachers) in second cycle institutions.
- Academic programme 1.2(a) – 1st degree in B.Ed Social Studies or related programmes with Social Studies as major.
- iii. Academic programme 1.2(b & g) – 1st degree in B.Ed Mathematics or related programme with Statistics and Quantitative techniques as one of subjects read.
- Academic programme 1.2(c) –1st degree in Arts (B.Ed) or related programme with English as major.
- Academic programme 1.2(d) – A Bachelor’s degree in Education (BEd) of any field of study.
- Academic programme 1.2(e) – 1st degree in B.Ed Psychology or other related programmes.
- vii. Academic programme 1.2(f) – 1st degree in a B.Ed programme.
- viii. Academic programme 1.2(h) – 1st degree in B.Ed Special Education, Educational Psychology or other related programme.
- Academic programme 1.2(i) – 1st degree holders with education background in any field of study.
- Academic programmes 1.3(a-c) – These programmes are available for applicants who do not have any qualification in education programme and yet qualify for Academic programmes d, f & g.
- Academic programmes 1.4(a-d) – Applicants for the M.Phil programmes must have Second degree in relevant area education programme from a recognized University or equivalent institution in the intended field of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 2.5.
ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES PROGRAMMES
- Academic programme 2.1(a) – Applicants must have any of the following: B.A/B.SC/B.Ed degree from a recognized institution of higher learning or tertiary institution, with at least, a 2nd class lower division.
- Academic programme 2.2(a) – 1st degree with at least a 2nd class lower division in Social Sciences or Business (Applicants will have to pass an interview).
- iii. Academic programmes 2.2(b, c & d) – 1st degree with a 2nd class division in Economics or related programmes with statistics or quantitative techniques as one of the subjects read.
- In the case of the MBA programmes, holders of final professional examinations certificate and membership of relevant professional bodies such as Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana(ICAG), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Chartered Institute of Banking (CIB); Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD); Chartered Institute of Taxation, Ghana (CITG); Chartered Institute of Marketing(CIM); The Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII): Chartered Institute of Human Resource and Development (CIHRD): Certified Public Accountants (CPA); Charted Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) can apply. For the MSc programmes (No. 3.3a-c), holders of professional qualifications such as CIPS, CIM, ICA, ACCA, CPA and CIMA can apply.
- Candidates applying for the MSc. in Procurement and Supply Chain Management programme should have a first degree or its equivalent from an accredited Institution in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Material Management. In addition, candidates applying for the MSc. Programmes must have, at least, three (3) years post qualification work experience.
- Applicants for the M.Com programmes must have an MBA in the relevant areas with a minimum CGPA of 2.5.
COST OF E-VOUCHER
M.Ed/MA, MBA and MPhil programmes GH¢320.00
1.1 The requisite application forms can be obtained from the following places:
- a)All Branches of GCB Bank Ghana Ltd
- b)All Branches of Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) Ghana Ltd
- c)All Branches of Zenith Bank Ghana Ltd
- d)All Branches of Consolidated Bank
- e)All Branches of Prudential Bank Ltd.
- f)All Branches of GT Bank
- g)All Branches of ARB Apex Bank and all Rural and Community Banks
- h)All Branches of Republic Bank
- i)All Regional and Major District Offices of GHANA POST
- Payment can also be made through MTN MoMo short code *966*3*555#
- All the CoDE Regional Administrators as listed in F and Study Centre Coordinators
F Regional offices
i.ASHANTI: Kumasi Office (Tafo Nhyiaso)
ii.BONO: Sunyani Office (Abesim, Asana Junction)
iii.CENTRAL: Regional Office (CoDE, UCC)
iv.EASTERN: Koforidua Office (Near Democracy Restaurant, off the Oyoko-Asokore Highway)
v.GREATER ACCRA: Accra (Papafio Hills)
vi.NORTHERN: Tamale Office (Sagnarigu, Opposite Greater Heights International School)
vii.UPPER WEST: Wa (UCC-CoDE Office, Wa- Sombo)
viii.VOLTA: Ho Office (Little Bettlehem)
ix.WESTERN: Tarkoradi Office (Ntankorful)
Closing date for sale of E-Vouchers is
30th September, 2021.
Completed Application forms should be submitted on or before
1st November, 2021 to:
The Deputy Registrar
School of Graduate Studies
University of Cape Coast
1. Applicants are given a receipt or a text message (MoMo users only) containing a pin and serial number at the various Sales Centres. This will be used to complete the Application form Online. Applicants should take the receipt to the nearest Study Centre Coordinator for further instructions.
2. Applicants should visit https://apply.ucc.edu.gh/, and click on “CLICK TO APPLY FOR PROGRAMME” under APPLICATION PROCESS option. Applicants should then select POST-GRADUATE ENTRY under the VERIFY VOUCHER screen.
3. Applicants are required to provide the following information on the large EMS envelope:
- Application reference number
- Names in full, no abbreviations accepted
NB: Applicants should ensure that all certificates are certified. A copy of the Confirmation Page together with a copy of the Academic Transcript and Certificates should be submitted to the Ghana Post Office.
The graduate programmes will be mounted in nine of our regional learning centers, namely:
- Accra (CoDE Accra Learning Centre, Adjiringano)
- Kumasi (Holy Trinity Lutheran School- Kwadaso Estate)
- Cape Coast (CoDE, UCC).
- Tamale (Institute of Languages (Business), Bagabaga College of Education (Education)
- Sekondi-Takoradi (Holy Child College of Education)
- Sunyani (Dreamfield International School)
- Koforidua (King Jesus International School)
- Wa (UCC-CoDE Office, Wa- Sombo)
- Ho (Mawuli SHS)
For further information please contact us by the following numbers:
- 0332091217- CoDE-UCC, Cape Coast
- 0332091125- CoDE-UCC, Cape Coast
- 0322041040/0544557412 – Kumasi
- 0541831082/0592190002 – Tamale
- 0262313448/0231082371 – Accra
- 0244895081/0279653354– Sunyani
- 0244817819/0559356269 – Takoradi
- 0362092256/0247824240 – Ho
- 0382096381 – Bolgatanga
- 0505083555 – Wa
- 0559515517 – Koforidua
- WhatsApp Only – 0507219519
I HOLD BACHELOR OF EDUCATION ( B. ED- BASIC SCHOOL SCIENCE) FROM UCC. WHICH OF THE MASTER PROGRAMMES WOULD BE APPROPRIATE FOR ME TO PERSUE EITHER BY SANDWISH OR DISTANCE. PLEASE ADVICE.
I hold a Bsc in hospitality and catering edu,can I read Med, guidance and counselling
I have degree from UCC I aquired through distance learning.I am now in the USA in Virginia.I wanted to know if I can also do it
L have bought sandwich forms for masters but I want to change to distance due to a personal problem. Is it possible
I want to know the fees for postgraduate by distance for 2022/2023
And when is the deadline
I HOLD A HND IN PURCHASING AND SUPPLY AND A DEGREE IN MGT STUDIES. I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING SUPPLY AND PROCUREMENT SINCE 2008.
DO I QUALIFY FOR THE MSC – PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MGT
IS IT ONLY ON WEEKENDS.
I HAVE STENOGRAPHER GRADE 1 AM QUALIFY TO APPLY FOR DIP. IN MANAGEMENT STUDY.