Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Recruitment for Partnerships Specialist.
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) helps the UN and its partners provide peace and security, humanitarian and development solutions. .
- Company: UNOPS
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
1. Partnership and programme development planning
- Develop a comprehensive partnership and programme development plan in line with UNOPS Strategic Plan and Regional Strategies, including country context, analysis of the regional and national development and humanitarian landscape, identification of main partners, strategic positioning of UNOPS in the potential operational niches identified, as well as grow a pipeline opportunities for all countries within scope of the Ghana Operational Hub. Ensure plan reflects in-house capacity, typology of projects and the internal tools and knowledge resources.
- Examine risks and opportunities presented by the strategic positioning of the Ghana Operational Hub and propose appropriate responses to ensure sustainable growth.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant Partnerships personnel at local, liaison and HQ level, as well as Project Managers and project personnel of the country offices covered by the hub to ensure aligned and coherent interactions with partners.
2. Develop opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate humanitarian and development trends and needs to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS mandate and existing capacity .
- Research events, publications and announcements, to track and screen opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities
- Provide support and feedback to GHOH Director, Regional Office and UNOPS HQ on the development of framework partnership agreements that can increase opportunities at the regional level.
- Contribute to the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programs and draft concept notes and project document briefs for discussion with partners.
- Maintain the system in alignment with UNOPS corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate technical and financial requirements, and negotiate proposals to close new project opportunities.
- Drafts agreements and/or contractual documents required for the signature and implementation of new projects.
- Understand and clearly explain UNOPS pricing policy to partners.
- Contribute to the diversification of the Ghana Operational Hub in line with UNOPS strategic and Regional objectives.
- In coordination with the Communications and Reporting personnel, when available, gather content for communications and outreach materials for any countries managed by the hub.
3. Representation and inter-agency partnership
- Establish partnerships with UN agencies, international organizations, governments, foundations, international NGOs and private sector organizations to diversify project opportunities within the Operational Hub.
- Undertake advocacy, public information and communication activities in collaboration with the Communications Officer, when required.
- On behalf of the Ghana Operational Hub Director and/or Head of Programme, participate in and report on the relevant inter-agency, donor and government coordination meetings including addressing project development issues in consultation with UNOPS project managers and technical experts when required. Take part in UN common planning and programming processes, including strategic country analysis, UNDAF, response plans, etc.
- Build a network of key partners, keeping abreast of evolving trends (social, economic, and political), including the application of innovation to project and partnership development.
4. Knowledge management and innovation
- Implement standards, tools and templates provided by HQ to effectively manage partnership and project development within the Ghana Operational Hub to enhance/maintain UNOPS effectiveness as a provider of project services for sustainable results.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should Click Here to apply.