Applications are invited from the University of Sheffield for the International Taught Merit Scholarships to study in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The University of Sheffield is delighted to offer 125 International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarships in 2020. Each scholarship is a competitive award worth 25% of the original tuition fee for a postgraduate taught programme starting in September 2021.
University of Sheffield Postgraduate International Taught Merit Scholarships Eligibility
- Your programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in autumn 2021.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and required to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
- Anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD programme is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Masters element of the programme only.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable. This includes, but is not exclusive to, the following courses:
- DClinDent Orthodontics
- MClinDent in Orthodontics
- DClinDent Endodontics
- MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry
- DClinDent Periodontics
- MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology
- DClinDent Prosthodontics
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated future ambitions, these goals relate to the degree they have applied for.
- Applicant has a strong academic profile.
Value of Award: Each scholarship is a competitive award worth 25% of the original tuition fee for a postgraduate taught programme starting in September 2021.
How to Apply for University of Sheffield Postgraduate International Taught Merit Scholarships
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
For more information, visit the University of Sheffield Postgraduate International Taught Merit Scholarships.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 13:00 (UK time) on Monday 17 May 2021.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 11 June 2021.