Applications are open for The University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada, you can read more about The University of Manitoba Work-Study Program below and apply.
The Work-Study program offers part-time, on-campus employment for students with financial needs during the school year. Apply to the program to gain valuable work experience and skills related to your field right on campus.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
The work-study program is coordinated by the Financial Aid, Awards, and Career Services. The Work-Study Program, coinciding with the University of Manitoba, is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To be eligible for the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Have proof of a 2023-2024 government student aid package of at least $2,000; or, proof of 2023-2024 Indigenous band sponsorship, Metis Nation post-secondary funding, or disability funding. If you are delayed in receiving your funding, please email Work-Study so we can determine a plan for your situation. (Note: Past government aid does not count; personal bank loans such as lines of credit and/or educational loans and registered educational saving plans are not considered with this program.)
- Be registered at the University of Manitoba as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms (Fall 2023 and Winter 2024). Students must have a minimum 60% course load (i.e., 9 credit hours per term for undergraduate students). If you are a Graduate student, please contact us so we can determine your validity case-by-case.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session (not applicable for new UM students)
- Be residing in Manitoba throughout the Work-Study employment term.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada should follow these steps:
All students need to re-apply for the Work-Study program every year due to financial aid requirements.
To apply for Work-Study:
- Register or log in to your existing UMConnect
- On the navigation pane on the left-hand side, navigate towards Work-Study then Work-Study Program Application.
- Complete and submit the form for pre-approved Work-Study access. After submitting the form, you will need to click on the “Accept” button on the right-hand side under “Action required by you” to view and apply to job postings.
You must attach documents demonstrating your eligibility to the application. This could include a copy of your 2023-2024 financial aid assistance, Indigenous band sponsorship, or disability funding.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2023