The Governing Council of the University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR), Sunyani announces for the information of the general public and interested candidates, vacancy for the position of a Vice-Chancellor of UENR, Sunyani
The University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 830, 2011 on December 31, 2011. The University is a public funded institution which seeks to provide leadership and management of energy and natural resources and be a centre of excellence in these critical areas. The University approaches its programmes and research emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration in areas such as economics, law and policy, management, science, technology and engineering as well as social and political issues affecting energy and natural resources. The University was established to operate a multi campus set-up and currently has the main campus located in Sunyani, with a satellite campus at Dormaa Ahenkro. The other satellite campuses, currently under construction are located at Kenyase and Nsoatre. The vision of the University is to become a world class institution for generating, advancing and applying knowledge in energy and natural resource sciences. The mission of the University is to promote the development of human resources and skills required to solve critical energy and natural resources challenges of society and undertake interdisciplinary academic, research, and outreach programmes in engineering, science, economics and environmental policy.
The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the University and shall be responsible, in accordance with the Statutes of the University and decisions of Council and the Academic Board, for organising and conducting the academic, financial, and administrative business of the University.
The Vice-Chancellor shall have overall authority over the academic, financial and administrative staff and shall submit annually, through the Academic Board, to Council a statement on the staff which, in his opinion, is necessary for the transaction of University business, together with an estimate of the expenditure required for the maintenance of such staff.
A candidate seeking appointment as Vice-Chancellor must:
- Be of professorial status in a University or its equivalent in a Research Institute;
- Be an internationally acclaimed academic and/or distinguished scholar;
- Have a proven capacity of motivate, manage and direct staff.
- Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills
- Be circumspect and above reproach;
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a capacity to manage and control crisis situations;
- Be visionary, business-oriented and be able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose.
- Be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment.
- Have the capacity and network to raise funds and other resources for research and other development activities of the University.
- Be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60) years.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance and may be eligible for reappointment for another term only.
- Salary and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with eight (8) copies of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and
- A Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the University, in not more than Three Thousand Six Hundred (3,600) words on A4 Sheets, using Times New Roman Font Size 12 in 1.5 line spacing and with 2.54cm margin all round.
- Application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Vice-Chancellor, UENR, Sunyani” to reach any one of the following addresses not later than Friday, 17th July 2020.
Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor
c/o The Registrar
University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR)
P. o. Box 214,
Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor
c/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit confidential reference reports on them directly to the above address.
A copy of this announcement together with a profile of the University can be found at the University’s website: http://www.uenr.edu.gh