Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Gbewaa College of Education Recruitment 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: College Principal
The College Principal is the Executive Head and Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College and in that capacity is:
• The administrative and academic head of the College and is accountable to the College Council.
• Responsible for organizing and conducting the financial and administrative business of the College in line with the Statutes, decisions of Academic Board, and other national laws and regulations.
• Admission of students.
• Discipline and supervision of staff and students,
• Preparation of annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council,
• Providing the Council with returns, reports, and other relevant information as required.
• To perform any other official functions as may be assigned by the Governing Council.
• An advanced degree with a research component, preferably PhD.
• Rank NOT below Senior Lecturer, Deputy Director in GES or Principal Tutor in a College of Education.
• Relevant Senior Management experience of at least five (5) years.
• Proven Leadership skills and be a team player.
• Ability to direct and motivate staff.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of the tertiary education terrain in Ghana.
• Adequate knowledge of the College Vision and be committed to its implementation.
• The Principal must be able to serve a minimum of one term of Four (4) years from the expected date of appointment before reaching the statutory retirement age of Sixty (60).
Location: Upper East Region
How to Apply
Applicants should send the following along with the application letters;
• Curriculum Vitae
• Scanned copies of certificates
• Evidence of current rank (e.g. copy of last promotion letter)
• A two (2)-page Vision Statement for the College
• Recommendation Letter from three (3) referees (sent directly by the referees to the e-mail address provided below).
Applications should be duly sent to [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
Gbewaa College of Education
Post Office Box 157
Pusiga – Bawku
Application Deadline: 03 July 2020.
• All applications should strictly be sent by email.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.