Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Total Petroleum Ghana Limited Recruitment 2021.
Title: Renewable Explorer, Senior Business Developer Renewables
Analyze key factors for the development of renewable projects in the market:
- Electricity market (regulation, price structure)
- Electricity demand (segmentation, location, growth)
- Electricity production (mix, emissions, production centers)
- Grid (age, quality, development projects, interconnection, access)
- Renewable resources
- Land availability
- Keep yourself fully informed on key market developments and industry news/events in order to quickly identify business opportunities .
- Identify projects to be developed or developers with a portfolio of renewable projects, with a view to an acquisition or a partnership
- Prospect, assess, negotiate the development of large renewable projects (a ll the technologies in which Total is active are considered: solar photovoltaic, onshore wind, offshore wind, battery storage)
- Built relationship and engage in discussions with external stakeholders (public entities, developers or JV partners, advisors, EPC and O&M contractors, equipment suppliers (OEMs), consultants, utilities, etc.) and investors.
- Identify opportunities and confirm the possibility of developing them or at least identifying the blocking points that need to be addressed:
- Understand the conditions for renewables projects awarding
- Identify potential offtakers and understand the positioning of the different actors
- Define and implement necessary advocacy to allow the development of projects
- Develop and structure a pipeline of projects: make key contributions and coordinate the origination of a pipeline for renewable projects development
- Manage in calls for tenders, in complex and competitive environments, over the counter or through the acquisition of portfolios
Manage the closing and implementation of projects
- Work with a support team composed of multidisciplinary members, in matrix mode within the renewables department (economists, finance, tax specialists, technicians, lawyers, HSE, societal, Total subsidiaries, holding), as well as external consultants, banks, consulting firms
- Ensure economic viability of each project
- Integrate HSE dimensions
- Prepare corresponding documentation for internal approvals
- Lead due diligence, commercial negotiations, documentation, and deal structuring with potential co-developers or investors
- Supervise financial closing activities in all areas (negotiation and finalization of all project agreements)
- Ensure an efficient transfer of the project to the technical, finance and asset management teams for the operational phase of construction
Lead And Grow Total Renewables Businesses Across Your Country
- Market strategy, planning and execution, following Total Renewables global strategy
- Accountability for safety, portfolio development (MW capacities and revenues optimization)
- Work closely with Total local affiliate to develop opportunities and leverage their network
- Responsible for the development of projects (in calls for tenders, mutual agreement or acquisitions…)
- Responsible to deliver bids (government tenders or projects sell down) and prepare corresponding documentation for internal approval.
- First Degree / master’s degree of Business or Engineering
- Fluent in English / French is a plus + language of the country
- Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience
- Experience in renewable energies required
- Deep understanding of renewable projects development is mandatory
- Good knowledge of the local renewable business
- Knowledge of the electricity market and its players
- Areas of expertise: Project / program management with a focus among Technical, Economics, Project Finance, International negotiation
- Strong interpersonal skills will be necessary to engage local stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, with a cross-functional and delocalized teams
- Synthetic and analytical mind, strength of conviction, perseverance
- Negotiation skills
- Flexible mindset and autonomy are needed
- Leadership to deliver and execute development.
How to Apply
Interested persons should click HERE to fill and complete the online application form.
Application Deadline: 19th April 2021.