Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for St. Ambrose College of Education Recruitment 2024/2025.
St. Ambrose College of Education is a teacher education college in Dormaa Akwamu. The college is located in the Ashanti / Brong Ahafo zone. It is one of the about 40 public colleges of education in Ghana. The college participated in the DFID-funded T-TEL program.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: College Secretary
The College Secretary is the head of the Office of the college Secretariat:
• He/She shall assist the Principal in the administration and management of the college
• He/She is the Secretary to the College council, all committees of the council as well as statutory committees of the college
• It shall be the responsibility of the college secretary to ensure the functionality of all boards and standing committees of the college
• The Office of the secretary is in charge of all administrative, secretarial and personnel matters of the college
• The Secretary of the College shall be the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is answerable to the Principal in the discharge of the duties of the secretary to the college
• Applicant must hold a good first degree and a postgraduate degree preferably in an Administration and Management area
• He/She must have served as a deputy secretary in a college of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least 4 years
Location: Dorma Akwamu
Job Title: Vice Principal
• The Vice-Principal shall assist the Principal in the overall management administration, academic and disciplinary issues of the college in accordance with the colleges of Education Act 2012 (Act 847) and other regulatory provision governing the college of Education and its relations to the oversight responsibilities of the Governing Council of the college
• Perform the functions assigned by the Principal of the college
• Act in the absence of the Principal of the College among others
• Applicant must have good character and a high degree of personal integrity
• Applicant must be a distinguished master teacher and a scholar in teaching and learning
• Applicant must be at least a Principal Tutor in the College of Education
• Applicant must have at least 5 years relevant post-qualification experience in a Senior Management position with good knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing the colleges of Education in particular and tertiary Education in general
• Applicant must be able to complete one term of 3 years before attaining the age of 60 years
Location: Dormaa Akwamu
How to Apply for St. Ambrose College of Education Recruitment
Interested applicants should send the following:
. A Cover letter.
. The two-page vision statement for the college.
. 8 hard copies of curriculum vitae, current payslip, 2 copies of sealed recommendation letters, and photocopies of certificates.
The application(s) must be addressed to:
The Chair of Search Committee,
c/o St Ambrose College of Education,
Dormaa Akwamu, Ghana
Soft copy applications should be sent to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 25th November, 2020.