Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Medicas Hospital Recruitment 2021.
Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer (SNO)
- Take a lead role in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care in the ward/unit in accordance with required standards.
- Ensure efficient management of human and material resources for nursing service delivery in the ward/unit.
- Provide leadership for the nursing team in the ward/unit
- Organize and manage nursing care in the ward/unit, ensuring that patients are treated with respect and dignity at all times
- Promote practice that is sensitive to the needs of patients/clients from multi-cultural backgrounds
- Supervise nurses and other staff in the ward/unit and assess their training needs to upgrade their skills
- Investigate incident reports on patient care safety and counsel staff accordingly
- Ensure maintenance of a safe and therapeutic environment for patient care within the ward/unit.
- Ensure maintenance of inventory of specialized items and ensure items are available at all times.
- Participate in the ward rounds.
- Ensure proper documentation on nursing care activities in the ward/unit.
- Ensure that the planning, delivery and evaluation of care programmes address the changing needs of patients in the ward/unit.
- Ensure the availability of the right skill mix for the delivery of nursing care during every shift.
- Promote the right of both patients and nurses in the ward/unit.
- Protect all confidential information concerning patients obtained in the course of professional practice and make disclosures only with the patient consent or when disclosure can be appropriately justified.
- Carry out other delegated assignments by the Departmental manager/Head of Nursing.
Required Skills or Experience
Prospective applicants must;
- Possess a valid pin from the Nurses and Midwives Council (NMC).
- Must have worked in a similar capacity for at least two years
- Must be ready to work extra hours under little supervision.
- Must have excellent people skills.
Interested Retired Principal Nursing Officers (PNO) are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send an application letter and CV to [email protected]