The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is offering scholarships to Media and Communications Professionals. The scholarships include a contribution towards the cost of living, the course fees, visa, travel and insurance. Deadline for submission of applications for RTNC Scholarships is 13th July, 2018.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides OKP (formerly known as NFP) scholarship for the RNTC courses for media and communications professionals from a variety of partner countries. The scholarships include a contribution towards the cost of living, the course fees, visa, travel and insurance. If applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between actual costs and the OKP scholarship amount.
The scholarships are administered by Nuffic, the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education. OKP stands for ‘Orange Knowledge Programme’ and these scholarships are available for 52 countries. Please check below whether you meet the criteria to apply for a OKP scholarship.
Eligible African Countries:Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Other Countries:Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Fiji, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Laos, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Moldova, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen.
How to Apply for RTNC Scholarship.
**PLEASE NOTE: THE APPLICATION WINDOW OF 8 JUNE – 13 JULY 2018 IS ONLY OPEN TO OKP CANDIDATES.
1. First apply to RNTC to check that you are eligible for the course you would like to do. You can apply for a course by selecting a course. Make clear in your application to RNTC that you are intending to apply for an OKP or MSP fellowship. The option is included in the RNTC application form (only available for ‘OKP’ and ‘MSP’ courses before the OKP/MSP deadline).
2. Once you have submitted your application, RNTC will inform you by email whether you are eligible or not (usually within 10 working days).
3. If you are eligible for the course, RNTC will send you a link by email to apply for a OKP or MSP fellowship in ATLAS; the online system for your OKP or MSP scholarship application.
Please note that your OKP or MSP application has to be completed and submitted in one go! Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or additions.
5. If you are eligible according to RNTC and you meet the OKP or MSP criteria, you can apply for a scholarship in the Nuffic system which is called ATLAS, using the link mentioned in step 3.
6. Note that you can only apply for a scholarship for your chosen course during the application window for that course. There are two of these windows every year.
7. Before applying for a OKP or MSP scholarship, make sure you have all the documents mentioned below ready. This is because your application has to be completed and submitted in one go. Please use the formats provided by Nuffic and submit all the required documents EXACTLY as specified. Otherwise, your application will be rejected by Nuffic! The file format should be PDF and your document must not exceed 2 MB.
Copy of a valid passport. The passport needs to be still valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form.
A Letter of motivation. Have this prepared so you can copy/paste it into the online application form. This can be more or less the same motivation as you prepared for your RNTC application. This motivation will weigh heavily in the selection procedure. Make sure you address the following questions:
What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
How will this course enable you to address this issue?
How will you address this issue considering your position within your organisation?
An Employer’s Statement. This is a very important document, please fill it out EXACTLY as specified by Nuffic and use this format provided by Nuffic. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DOCUMENT CONSISTS OF TWO PAGES, BOTH HAVE TO BE FILLED IN, SIGNED & STAMPED.
A Government Statement (if applicable for your country). A number of governments of KOP and MSP countries require a government statement before candidates can apply for a scholarship. In this statement, the government expresses its support for the scholarship application. Please check this overview to see if this applies for your country. Also, it’s always good to check this with your government and/or the Netherlands embassy. If a government statement is required for your country, please use this format provided by Nuffic for OKP countries and this format, if you are from a MSP country.
8. If you are certain that you are eligible for an OKP or MSP scholarship and you have collected all the necessary information and documentation, you can start with your application in Nuffic’s ATLAS online application system using the online application form link that was sent to you.
9. Also download and read the OKP and MSP registration instructions for ATLAS.